Pregnant Cat Won’t Use Litter Box

Anessarenee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve had my cat since a baby. She is pregnant and yesterday started pooping in the floor. Orange not really runny but not normal poop. She always uses the litter box. The litter box is clean. What can I do to get her to go to the litter box? Could this mean something is wrong. If not better by tomorrow I was gonna take her to the vet. She’s never had any problems before so I’m not sure what to do? Any advice would be appreciated!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, its probably something wrong. As the poop is orange... Orange poop is often hinting coccidia, but coccidia is also runny poo... So I would recommend vet visit asap.
There are medications for coccidia, but if they are safe for pregs I wont swear. Your vet will know.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. Its quite common sick and or diarrhea cats eliminate in wrong place. So this isnt an elimination problem, its being sick which is problem. As soon they are OK again, the faulty elimination ceases....

As she is oncoming to have diarrhea, get home pedialyte. Such a flavorless clear pedialyte as for human babies is best.

Otherwise, get home at least some minerale kitchen salt and honey, so you can make a homemade pedialyte...

A Anessarenee a

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree she should see a vet. She’s pooping outside the box to let you know that she is not feeling well.