Pregnant Cat with many problems :(

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eating the placenta is supposed to help contract her uterus. Not sure how this will affect her continuing labor or not, but lets assume not!!   

Be sure to put the baby someplace that she won't be able to smell it.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it IS very cute!!

No reason not to believe she won't have 2 healthy beautiful babies, just not yet!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So sorry to hear that she lost one kitten. These things can't be helped. 

I hope she has a safe, uneventful pregnancy from now on. I'm looking forward to seeing her kittens in a week or so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

puffy001

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou Norachan Norachan for these kind words ..

all day today puffy has been acting so strange .. she is restless .. she looks at me and meows alot .. like she wants something .. her litter pan is clean, i am giving her regular meals and i have even cleaned the room to remove any dead kitten smell .. her nest box is all set but she doesnt want to sit in it as she wanted yesterday ..
Theres no contraction or anything or that sort indicating labour is near .. but still she looks at me and meows ..
Oh and when i open my closet she is like excited and wants to search ..

In my understanding, there could be two reasons for her behaviour ..
1- she is seraching for her dead kitten
2- she wants to go in labour again but she doesnt like that nest box as she delivered a kiten there yesterday already .. so she wants a new place to give birth

Can anyone give me any idea as to why she is acting that way ? :(

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thankyou @Norachan for these kind words ..

all day today puffy has been acting so strange .. she is restless .. she looks at me and meows alot .. like she wants something .. her litter pan is clean, i am giving her regular meals and i have even cleaned the room to remove any dead kitten smell .. her nest box is all set but she doesnt want to sit in it as she wanted yesterday ..
Theres no contraction or anything or that sort indicating labour is near .. but still she looks at me and meows ..
Oh and when i open my closet she is like excited and wants to search ..

In my understanding, there could be two reasons for her behaviour ..
1- she is seraching for her dead kitten
2- she wants to go in labour again but she doesnt like that nest box as she delivered a kiten there yesterday already .. so she wants a new place to give birth

Can anyone give me any idea as to why she is acting that way ?
My guess is she search the dead kitten.  As she behaved with it as it were born alive,  washing etc...   She perhaps didnt recognized really it was dead.    And when she recogized (I think she did, as I remember it)

Did you let her see you took the kitten away?   It helps sometimes in such cases, at least some.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

puffy001

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yess i did but she still meows and she wants to go out of the room .. i cant let her be too active because i am afraid her labour will start again

pc nguyen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How about pluffy. I really care about this.  I wish her n the kitten're very well. 

Last edited by a moderator: