Pregnant cat water broke 2 days ago

Michaelgiyal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, im really concerned about my originally small siamese cat, shes 1 year old, im not exactly sure how long shes been pregnant but im estimating 60 days. Her water broke 2 days ago (i found red/pink slimy stuff on the floor where she usually hangs out. She is currently really big in comparison to her original size, her nipples are swollen and fully popping out, however, she has not had any behavioral changes whatsoever, no nesting, no clinginess, no loud noises, eating and drinking normally as always. I cant find any emergency vets to see her at the moment, they all seem booked or unavailable. Do you think she will still be able to birth normally soon hopefully? (No contractions whatsoever)
Thank you all. Ive posted some pictures for reference.
IMG_7246.jpeg
IMG_7250.jpeg
IMG_7249.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello all, im really concerned about my originally small siamese cat, shes 1 year old, im not exactly sure how long shes been pregnant but im estimating 60 days. Her water broke 2 days ago (i found red/pink slimy stuff on the floor where she usually hangs out. She is currently really big in comparison to her original size, her nipples are swollen and fully popping out, however, she has not had any behavioral changes whatsoever, no nesting, no clinginess, no loud noises, eating and drinking normally as always. I cant find any emergency vets to see her at the moment, they all seem booked or unavailable. Do you think she will still be able to birth normally soon hopefully? (No contractions whatsoever)
Thank you all. Ive posted some pictures for reference.View attachment 456204View attachment 456205View attachment 456206
Water going early is apparntly not the optimal, but we had examples where the delivery when it come days later, went OK without visible complications. Prepare the best you can, but be hopful.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should go into labor soon. A cat’s water can break several days before delivery. Kittens are each still encased in their own water sacs that usually break during the birthing process.

Do locate a 24-hour emergency vet in case you need it though, and keep us posted.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad everything went smoothly. You should go ahead and set up an appointment to get momma spayed a few months out anr to get the kittens shots and dewormed. Then another appointment for the kittens to be spayed/neutered when they are old/,big enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Michaelgiyal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm glad everything went smoothly. You should go ahead and set up an appointment to get momma spayed a few months out anr to get the kittens shots and dewormed. Then another appointment for the kittens to be spayed/neutered when they are old/,big enough.
I live in the nyc area, I’ve spent the past month looking for a low cost spay and every place seems to be booked 10 years into the future, all the regular vets wants 500-600$. Im going to keep looking, but to be honest, it is not looking good. (I cant spend 500$)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in the nyc area, I’ve spent the past month looking for a low cost spay and every place seems to be booked 10 years into the future, all the regular vets wants 500-600$. Im going to keep looking, but to be honest, it is not looking good. (I cant spend 500$)
Does your local shelter or humane society have a spay/neuter clinic that you could check with?
For example our humane society has a clinic in the same building this way they can treat any animals for minor things and spay and neuter right there. Sometimes they offer low cost spay-neuter appointments to pets not adopted there.

I know this is in NY (i put in a random NY zipcode lol) but I'm not sure what areas it is offered.. Hopefully this can help find a place..

Last edited: