Pregnant Cat W/ Fleas.

nunosir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have two animals which are both pregnant - They both have fleas & are SUPER pregnant and ready to burst anytime within the next. They both trust and love me very much - Received baths before but I’m hesitant on giving them the bath because they are pregnant but I don’t want the babies to end up with fleas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunosir

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The question is - Am I okay to bath them before it’s too late?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would avoid the stress of a bath and instead invest in flea control products such as Advantage II on the back of their necks on a monthly basis.

I also suggest a can of house spray for carpets and upholstery. It kills fleas and larvae. You should also wash all bedding in hot water and vacuum thoroughly on a weekly basis.

A flea comb is also a good idea to comb the mothers and kittens with to pick off individual fleas. Drop the fleas into a bowl of water mixed with Dawn dish soap. They will drown. All of these efforts combined will help tremendously!

Do you plan to spay your cats after these litters? Do keep them 100% inside and away from intact males in order to avoid another pregnancy.