Pregnant cat stole kitten.

commanderscott

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're a wonderful person to all those cats! My goodness, you spayed and neutered so many! We live in an area susceptible to flooding, too, and there are lots of cats where we live. You're doing the absolute best you can and I'm so glad that things are okay. And while I'm very sorry to hear about the flooding, I'm happy that your house is okay! Keep us updated.

Sadly young kittens can pass away very quickly and it's not evident why all the time. I'm sorry for your loss. But all things considered, you've got things going well for you and the kitties. Hoping everything keeps going well and that your utilities come back soon. Stay safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angies2559

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Commanderscott, Thank you so much for the kind words. My husband complains about how much I spend on cat food. But I cannot leave those poor cats hungry. Some do hunt. Lizards, frogs, field mice. I'd love a huge building to put crates for all of them to sleep in and be safe. Though I'm sure some of the feral ones would stay outside. The babies are well and getting chubby. They are very mobile now. Still a little awkward. Three little black ones with no tail. We can't tell them apart. Not yet anyway. Stevie's baby is a gray tabby and bigger than the others. Definitely more active! Thanks again for the advice and encouragemebt!

angies2559

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sarthur2.....My cat mommy deserves an award! There's a mom that comes from down the street. The man died & no one lives there. She comes to my house to bring her litters when they're about 5 weeks old. And she's usually pregnant again. We haven't been able to get her when she's not nursing or pregnant. She's gotten really tame. Now she wants to stay in my house. She brought her 1 kitten &he was maybe 2 wks old. She wouldn't stay with him & he was always crying. I let them stay in the house a while so she would stay with him. She would but she wouldn't go to the litter box. Any of them. She would go in my bathroom at least. My husband had my daughter put her out when I was at work for a couple of days. She wasn't staying with her kitten and it looked like he wasn't growing. So I cleaned him up again. No fleas. And put him with Little Girl who already had adopted Stevie's kitten. She took this one too! I'm feeding her Purina One kitten formula. Another cat outside had kittens. 2 died. She kept moving around the other 2, but my daughter said they were crying and she didn't stay with them. I cleaned them. Put them in a bow. A clean blanket in my house. Put her with them. She wouldn't stay with them. Wouldn't use litter box. She decided my love seat was a good spot. I put her out. And the love seat. Put the kitties with Little Girl. She seemed a little confused at first. She nursed them. All is well. All babies are fine. She's such a great little mom. I make sure she has a lot to eat. I bought her the gourmet cat food in a can also. She & kitties have their own water & litter box. The older 2 have discovered the other box & are using it too. Now there are 5 kitties walking around. 3 are still a little unsteady but getting around. 2 in the box nursing. Oh my, hopefully these are the last. I will try to get the outside mom and bring her in to be spayed. After all this time she may be ready to retire as a mom.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please take the neighborhood mom to be spayed asap. It's sad that she is always pregnant. Poor gal!

Thank you for taking in the kittens! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

angies2559

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sarthur2, We hope to. She's such a sweet cat. I wish I could let her stay inside. She deserves it. But the house is small and we have 6 old and young adults. And now 7 kittens of various ages. This mommy has disappeared again. I haven't seen her in the last 2 weeks. She'll show up later pregnant or with babies. I do need to retire her! When I see her again we'll try to bring her in. There used to be a voucher to help out with the cost but that program ended. My other daughter moved back home and her large male cat is fighting with mine. They are both neutered but don't get along. All other adults are females. Little Girl keeps chasing Stevie. Does she think Stevie will take her kitten back? I don't know but she won't let her near them. At least no actual fighting. The kitties are all doing well and seem to be healthy.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

angies2559

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@sarthur2 I live near Jennings, La. I work in Lafayette. It's about 40 miles from my home. I'll have to look up spay nation to see where it is. Thank you. My vet charges about $85. That's still a lot lower than the big city vets. But at almost $100 a cat it's not very often I can bring one in.