Pregnant cat still in heat after being outside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's doing amazing surprisingly w 3 kids and a hyper pup lol. She isn't hiding at all she is well under the blanket w my daughter bc it's a little chilly in here w the ac on. And my kids are young 11,10&5 and spoke w them that she needs to adjust and might get scared. Well they are respecting that very well and she has plenty of rooms closets beds etc to hide as well. She's all set up w food an enclosed homemade bed ill post a pic, and new litter box. They were giving her the crappiest food so I'm slowly transitioning her to blue buffalo

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, how very nice of you to switch her to good food! Also, I love the bed. The new cat may actually be happier with your family ;).

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I will keep you posted on surgery and see if our new kitty is pregnant. Kids named her midnight bc she's all black

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have to wait a couple weeks to confirm her pregnancy and I'm keeping a close eye as our other cat had pyometra

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She got out from morning till night July 23rd

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You really won't know for sure until almost the middle of August - it will only be a week on Thursday of this week. :)

Surgery is tomorrow, right?

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes surgery tomorrow bringing her 8 am New York time

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm on East Coast time too. Does she stay overnight? But they will call with a report after surgery, so give us an update once you hear!

Last edited:

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That would put babies due September 27Th. Even though 65 days is not a firm number it is a good average. As the exact day will depend on when how she responds to the move and how much stress she has. Keeping the stress level down as much as possible will help. There are some information on introducing our other residents to mommy on this site, If she does not take right off to them it might be best to keep them separate. You do have some time to see if she will get along with the other members of the family but when the time comes it would be best to find a quiet area where she can have no visitors. Please keep us advised and ask any questions. As the time gets near you will need a warm location for the babies this can be by using a heating pad so you can keep the rest of the house livable for the humans.

If I read the thread correctly she is getting along with every one but I would still suggest having a quiet spot where she can get away from the activity by the end of September. School will be in swing then most places in the states.

As already mentioned there is a thread on this site to place a memorial for your kitty that has crossed over. This has helped with having a place to remember them.

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would check around for spay/neuter clinics they have them here and they do their services on a sliding fee scale some cities even will help with paying for the service to be done also. They have offered their services to even give a vaccination if needed when they do the fixing. Check with the humane society or do a search on line for low cost spay and neuter services. That way you can plan on that expense down the road.

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She will stay overnight tomorrow for the surgery.. And will call me when she is done to update me. We have a spare bedroom and I had already set up a cage as I thought my mother in laws cat was pregnant so I will use the extra large cage which is used for xxl dogs for her. And I have a finished heated furnished basement as well that no one really goes into. She's adapted really well w my kids and small pup they even sleep together in their bed which is cute. There's a mobile spay/neuter can that comes 2 times a month not too far from me it's $70 to fix and get a rabies shot. I plan on getting her and all the kittens fixed before they get new homes. And this will all obviously only happen if she is pregnant which I'm assuming since she was in heat when she got out and isn't in heat anymore. My cat that passed away had kittens so I'm pretty familiar w everything w labor and that's what threw me off w the cat before I knew she had pyometra bc her nipples never got big. I have heating pads as well. And will get her kitten food in a few weeks as well. It's kinda vague when she actually went into labor and delivering so I'm sure I'll be anxious and have questions for you on here later on. My kids are very gentle w her and I already informed them she might have babies in her and it's important we don't pick her up. They are old enough to understand. I have a baby gate as well so if and when she has them I can keep my dog away as the cat will be protective and don't need any paws getting hurt here. She's only 5 pounds my dogs but will take precaution as well. I will take her to the vet(cat : midnight) once her pregnancy progresses. All I do is read and learn about everything online. I'm big on researching but I love this forum bc everyone has different experiences w their animals so that's a big help. So I'm pretty prepared as long as she doesn't give birth in a bad spot. My Bella gave birth under my sons crib in his box of brand new clothes and that wasn't fun cleaning them. So we shall see. We are all very excited to see what these next couple months bring. And my kids/ family is very cautious w opening any doors going outside and she hasn't tried getting out. I did get her a collar w her name my number and address and she is already very spoiled w love and attention.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Whew! That was a lot! You are well-prepared to say the least. ;)

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I very am!!! [emoji]128570[/emoji][emoji]128570[/emoji][emoji]128570[/emoji][emoji]128570[/emoji][emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji]

lilbritxtimp1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Surgery went very well and we will pick her up Friday