pregnant cat spotting

delilahjean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is pregnant not sure how far along but never very big it would have been her first litter she started spotting blood from her ladybitd
about 3 days ago became very affectionate just laid in my arms and slept all day long which is not normal for her now her belly has become very hard she is still eating and pooping normally but every thing I have been able to google about this says its a very bad sign she is spotting blood and that she may die. Have tried to get her to a vet but don't have the money and can't find one that will work with me on a payment plan can't surrender her to shelter they said she will just be put to sleep has anyone experienced this and have any advice of what I could do to help her or make her more comfortable on my own I know I'm a bad pet owner for not getting her spayed all ready but that's not her fault a d I just need to know what I could do to help her be better please

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It depends in much how much this spotting is - a few drops during the day, or is it flowing?

Also, is it real blood, or is it red colored water?   Some blood colored discharges is  normal.  As long as there is nothing more peculiar.   Its real blood we dont want.

If it is real blood, and more than a few drops, it cant be helped.  You must contact a real vet.  Someone who is used with obstetrics.

Try to raise money among your friends, relatives, neigbours.  In times of a dire need, its the social norm people shall help.   And try to find some cheap vet.   Places who make cheap spayings, are probably also willing to do vet treatment cheapier than a fashionable vet.

This shelter you mention, can they recommend you which cheap vet they use?

Good luck!   @delilahjean

I send some links about the usual delivery:

Most of these links have been readied by our forumist  Red Top Rescue:

We have a good collection of articles in the Cat Health section which you can access by scrolling up to the brown bar, clicking on Articles,and then choosing the Cat Health section and scrolling through the choices.  To make this super easy for you, I am copying the links regarding birth, delivery and newborns for you here.  After reading this information, let us know if you have any more questions.  And good luck with your approaching new arrivals.

Birth, Delivery and Newborns

How to Tell if My Cat is Pregnant?

Cat Pregnancy

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Pregnant Cat? What to Prepare For the Birth

Help! My Cat is Having Kittens!

Premature Kittens

Post-Birth Complications in Cats

And also:

http://www.icatcare.org/advice/my-cat-having-kittens     ( This is a link to a group of articles on cat pregnancy, birth and kittens.   Read the ones on normal cat birth and on " when to wait and when to worry"  )  

Fleece or flannel good to use in the bedding for kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

delilahjean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is actual blood it wad kind of heavy at first but has slowed down alot now I have no family or friends here I called my dad but he can't help I called all the vets were I live been on the phone since 11 this morning the cheapest vet I could find in this small town was still over two hundred dollars for visit,xray,and sedation and that dosent include any other tests or medicine she might need I called the humane society thinking mabey if I surrendered her she could get the help she needs but they said they would just put her to sleep I found one no kill shelter about 30 miles from me but can't get anyone to answer the phone the only thing I can do is try to make her as comfortable as possible and do what I can for her here at home.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
 the only thing I can do is try to make her as comfortable as possible and do what I can for her here at home.
Sometimes its the only to do, and it may even be enough.   Making comfortable, being warm, cared for - and pray.

Where are you living, if somebody who knows more than I comes and has advice?

*vibes!*

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you looked into Care Credit? It is an interest free credit card provided all payments are made on time. Good luck to you and your kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

delilahjean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She seems to be doing a little better blood has stopped and stomachs has loosened up some found a vet that a least talked to me she said that if the baby's were dead inside her or if she had prynoxia or whatever she would be ectremly I'll and since she is still eating and using the bathroom normally that is probubally not the case