Pregnant Cat Question

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Lacy is nearing the end of her pregnancy. Monday evening she has fluid come out that was pink and odorless. No signs of labor so far this week. Today she has been frequently going into the litter box and squatting to pee but nothing happens. Could that be from pressure of the babies? I have been in contact with her vets office all week and waiting for a call from them back but wasn't sure if anyone on here has experienced this with a pregnant kitty before.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be in early labor and feeling contractions that she has confused with an urge to go to the bathroom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's what I was thinking could possibly be the case. This is her first litter and it seems like each day she goes to the litter box more and more.

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I had her scheduled to be spayed but she slipped out the door on me before her appointment and got pregnant so I have her vet on standby for as soon as the babies are weined.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's good. She may go into heat again before they wean, so be sure she does not slip out again. :)

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Definitely will make sure!

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Lacy is 64 days pregnant today. A week ago Monday she had lost what looked like a little bit of fluid. After that there were no signs of labor until yesterday. Yesterday morning I noticed that her back end looked a little swollen and dialated. She was having contractions yesterday where her belly would go into a round firm ball. Today she has been having the same contractions. The most recent time I was able to time her contractions they were consistently 4 minutes apart. Should I be seeing a change in the contractions? She also left one little spot of mucousy blood on the corner of my bed. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bunniez79 Bunniez79

It sounds like she is laboring, and when the contractions are close enough she will begin delivering.

The discharge is normal.

Is she purring through her contractions?

Is she using her nest yet?

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is very low purring here and there other than that she is very quiet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's a waiting game right now. Continue to sit with her and offer comfort.

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been. Talking to her and petting her when she will allow it.

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Lacy had her kittens. They were each born 4 hours apart and seem to be heathy. She delivered 3 but when she had her ultrasound at 4 weeks pregnant the vet told me there were at least 4. I spoke with the vet yesterday and all they said was well maybe there were only 3. Has anyone else come across this before?

Attachments

LunaTheGrayCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are very cute!

My cat gave a birth last Tuesday four kittens. We didn't do the ultrasound thing by my vet was told me ultrasound doesn't give exact results but x-ray does because you can count spines on queen's belly :) However my wife and I didn't want to xray and we didn't know the count until she gave birth.

But the thing is she gave first 3 kittens in 2 hours than I dropped my wife to work and returned back to home which took almost two hours. And after one and half hours I went by her to check and she gave the last one on my watch :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bunniez79 Bunniez79

Congratulations! :)

Yes, x-ray is more precise when counting, especially if they are squished inside.

If she has another, she will deliver it when her body is ready.

How is mom, and are the kittens all nursing well?

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mom and kittens are all doing great! Nursing and they settle well after nursing so I know they are getting full.

Bunniez79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't been able to weigh them. Momma is very protective and as soon as I take one she is right there picking it up and taking it back to the box.