Pregnant cat puss discharge and won't eat Help!!

cozzart

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been feeding this stray cat for 6 years now when she comes and goes and a week ago she came back heavily pregnant and so I though why not take her in and let her have her babies. My family does not support me in taking care of her so I am feeding her alone and with my lunch money. 

My distress is this her belly is huge and I was just waiting for her to deliver then 3 days ago she hid and hadn't touched her food for 2 days now so I asked my parents for some money to buy the soft kind and tried to syringe feed her. she is responsive but then i notice the foul smell. She has a puss discharge thick white, yellowish and brownish from her vagina or butt. I am so scared I don't have money for surgery or i don't know. 

I am from the Philippines where the vets here charge soo much lowest i think is 5,000 Php. It's killing me inside that I can't do anything but feed her and wipe her clean and stroke her stomach hoping for whatever it is there to come out on its own.

.Is there like just a medicine or antibiotics to cure her. I don't know what to do...

vallyally

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've been feeding this stray cat for 6 years now when she comes and goes and a week ago she came back heavily pregnant and so I though why not take her in and let her have her babies. My family does not support me in taking care of her so I am feeding her alone and with my lunch money. 

My distress is this her belly is huge and I was just waiting for her to deliver then 3 days ago she hid and hadn't touched her food for 2 days now so I asked my parents for some money to buy the soft kind and tried to syringe feed her. she is responsive but then i notice the foul smell. She has a puss discharge thick white, yellowish and brownish from her vagina or butt. I am so scared I don't have money for surgery or i don't know. 

I am from the Philippines where the vets here charge soo much lowest i think is 5,000 Php. It's killing me inside that I can't do anything but feed her and wipe her clean and stroke her stomach hoping for whatever it is there to come out on its own.

.Is there like just a medicine or antibiotics to cure her. I don't know what to do...
Honey I totally feel for you I know what that's like you want to help something so bad is there anywhere you can bring her and drop her off at Humane Society of that anywhere that would take her because there's I'm not of it but I don't think there's anything that you can do by yourself that's going to fix that problem it sounds very serious butt my heart goes out to you and I fed and took care of many strays with the disagreement of my family I know how that is I give you a lot of credit and at least she's not out there alone God bless you and her but is there anywhere anywhere you could bring her
Honey also if you've been feeding her for 6 years has she ever had kittens before are you sure she was pregnant not that it matters she needs to go somewhere anyways but I just curious Helen 6 years she didn't have kittens but maybe she did
Edited by pushylady - Today at 9:02 am

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
C cozzart

Your cat desperately needs to see a vet. Her kittens are probably dead inside her. She definitely has a severe and possibly life-threatening infection. The foul-smelling, thick discharge is indicative of this. She is ill because she is becoming toxic.

Uterine infections can kill both mother and kittens. Her uterus can burst.

Since she is not eating, she is feeling very ill, and may be dying. Her blood may be toxic.

Please take her to a vet immediately. She needs surgery and antibiotics. She is in great pain. Or she needs to be humanely euthanized to spare her suffering.

Please let us know what happens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cozzart

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@cozzart

Your cat desperately needs to see a vet. Her kittens are probably dead inside her. She definitely has a severe and possibly life-threatening infection. The foul-smelling, thick discharge is indicative of this. She is ill because she is becoming toxic.

Uterine infections can kill both mother and kittens. Her uterus can burst.

Since she is not eating, she is feeling very ill, and may be dying. Her blood may be toxic.

Please take her to a vet immediately. She needs surgery and antibiotics. She is in great pain. Or she needs to be humanely euthanized to spare her suffering.

Please let us know what happens.
I want to beat myself. I am crying right now because I am so useless.....  She is still responding to my touches and being lovely as she has always been.

I still feed her the soft food and water and.. My parents had already angry and shouted at me earlier and told me to let nature take its course. I don't even know why I tried looking for help here when I cannot do anything.... I am useless. 

How long can she endure this...The only thing I could do is hold her and tell her

I love her so much and maybe let go....

I asked 3 vets/shop and don't even have the money for euthanasia.. Can you see how pathetic I am...

You guys don't need to reply... I guess I just posted because nobody would listen in my household...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
C cozzart

I am so sorry for your situation. Please do not blame yourself.

Are there any cat rescue shelters nearby that might help you with her?

Where in Philipines are you located?

Last edited:

cozzart

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@cozzart

I am so sorry for your situation. Please do not blame yourself.

Are there any cat rescue shelters nearby that might help you with her?

Where in Philipines are you located?
Quezon City M'am/Sir

vallyally

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honey you stop it right now if it wasn't for you that cat would be out there Dying by herself and nobody would care you have done all you can like I said I don't know how old you are but I really really really end I hope that you're okay if you can't get the cat anywhere she probably is going to die and that's not because of you it's because she's very sick and for six years she's had food and love because of you sometimes that's all we have to hold on to and I know that that's will not they don't care what the situation is a lot of the times and it's sad so please don't blame yourself and if you need to talk you send me a message Valley alley 08 at gmail.com no spaces though and if he can't get me there if I see another message from you because you need to know just like the cat needs to know your parents might not care but I care about you and your kitty and it's obvious you love her and that's all you can do

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
C cozzart

Try the Phillipines Animal Welfare Society:

http://www.paws.org.ph/contact-us.html

This appears to be your best bet. Please read the "Frequently Asked Questions". There is an explanation of their procedures and a telephone number.

You can also go to a vet and ask the vet to call them about payment for treatment, or to make it a charity case.

I think you qualify because the cat is a stray. Perhaps the vet can start antibiotics while he calls the rescue.

It's worth a try!

(It's M'am)

cozzart

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@cozzart

Try the Phillipines Animal Welfare Society:

http://www.paws.org.ph/contact-us.html

This appears to be your best bet. Please read the "Frequently Asked Questions". There is an explanation of their procedures and a telephone number.

You can also go to a vet and ask the vet to call them about payment for treatment, or to make it a charity case.

I think you qualify because the cat is a stray. Perhaps the vet can start antibiotics while he calls the rescue.

It's worth a try!

(It's M'am)
She's been like this for 5 days can she still be saved?. I'll try tomorrow 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Anything is possible!

Please try first thing tomorrow. I know it is late where you are now.

cozzart

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anything is possible!

Please try first thing tomorrow. I know it is late where you are now.
Honey you stop it right now if it wasn't for you that cat would be out there Dying by herself and nobody would care you have done all you can like I said I don't know how old you are but I really really really end I hope that you're okay if you can't get the cat anywhere she probably is going to die and that's not because of you it's because she's very sick and for six years she's had food and love because of you sometimes that's all we have to hold on to and I know that that's will not they don't care what the situation is a lot of the times and it's sad so please don't blame yourself and if you need to talk you send me a message Valley alley 08 at gmail.com no spaces though and if he can't get me there if I see another message from you because you need to know just like the cat needs to know your parents might not care but I care about you and your kitty and it's obvious you love her and that's all you can do
Dear Sarthur and vallyally.

Thank you soo much for all your concerns.. She is with the PSPCA Recto Branch now. 

It hurts to see her one last time before they take her custody. The lady vet told me she would be treated surgery and cared for as I was signing the "Abandonment Form" the form sounds so hurtful as I don't ever want to abandon her but for her life and safety I have no choice to do it. Did I do the right thing? She told me I could never see her again... that moment was the last time I could touch her.. she was still showing lovely affection towards my petting even when I know she's suffering from the infection.

It pains me to not be there for her when she gets better. It took my everything to leave that place without her, I kissed her so much before leaving crying my heart out. Did I do the right thing? Just that I wish her to have a better life than I could ever give her. I wish, no I want her to be adopted and have a good family to take care of her better than I ever did. I miss her as I am writing this and I am crying again... I love her so much..

Thank you sarthur2 and vallyally for the encouragement. I pray now that she has a successful surgery. I  wish I could see her again when she's better. It's been a good 6 year companionship 

I can't stop blaming myself for not being a better family... I promised 4 years ago when I graduate I'd make her very fat with all the food she could have.. I failed my promise and all I can hold on to is that she lives a better life.. I love you "Bj" baby.. 

Thank you so much ma'am sarthur2 and vallyally,

Eric

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Sarthur and vallyally.

Thank you soo much for all your concerns.. She is with the PSPCA Recto Branch now. 

It hurts to see her one last time before they take her custody. The lady vet told me she would be treated surgery and cared for as I was signing the "Abandonment Form" the form sounds so hurtful as I don't ever want to abandon her but for her life and safety I have no choice to do it. Did I do the right thing? It's a lose-lose situation for me. I won't get to see her either way.

It pains me to not be there for her when she gets better. It took my everything leaving that place without her, I kissed her so much before leaving crying my heart out. Did I do the right thing? Just that I wish her to have a better life than I could ever give her. I hope she gets adopted and have a good family to take care of her. I miss and love her so much..

Thank you ma'am for the encouragement. I pray now that she has a successful surgery. I  wish to see her again when she's better. It's been a good 6 year companionship

I still blame myself for not being a better family... I love you "Bj" baby.. 

Thank you so much ma'am sarthur2 and vallyally
Eric
You absolutely did the right thing for her. Thank you so very much for caring.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You did the right thing! She needed medical help, and by turning her over, she will get the help she needs. Thank you for doing that!

Would they perhaps at least give you an update on her condition if you call?

I hope she gets a great forever home too! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cozzart you have absolutely done the right thing here. You are saving her life by making sure she gets the medical care she needs. I know you are really hurting right now but you made a very difficult decision because you love her and want to save her life. You stepped up and got her the help she needed when others would not. Hugs to you,

vallyally

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi honey when I saw your post this morning it made my heart so happy you have gone above and beyond and sometimes the right thing hurts the worst but you saved her life if only more people in the world we're a little like you it would be a lot better place the love you showed for her was amazing you should be so proud of yourself

jnstorm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You did the right thing. Thank you for caring so much for her. Most rescues will let people volunteer. Maybe you could become a volunteer and see her get adopted and also help other cats who need your love.