pregnant cat please help me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will try but it may take me a few days as I do not have a digital camera and my cell phone does not zoom in far enough to get a good picture. I promise I will get a picture of mama posted though.

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I went out and some kmr today as I have heard really good things about it. At first she gave me a look of what do you want but I left her alone and it was gone in no time. she really likes it. I hope she goes into labor soon. my friend who wants one is really excited she calls 4 times everyday to see if she has had them yet. I hope so soon. she is so misserable. I will try to get another rectal temp on her in a little while and will keep you all updated.

Lisa

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe that is good you found a home for one already. just remember they need to stay with their momma until at least 10 weeks old, so she has some waiting to do!

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know she does have some waiting to do. And I have found homes for three for sure as I will not promise any more than that as I have no Idea how many she will be having. I do have a waiting list though. i have enough people to take 7 kittens but that is a lot of kittens but not unheard of as that is what she had last time.

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just took her rectal temp and it is at 99.4 hope that is a good sign although I took it on saturgay ans it was 99.5 hope to hav babies soon.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know I am waiting for her to have babies! LOL This is as exciting as my own cat having babies!

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think we are all waiting for her babies. I am getting really excited and i am getting really tired of this waiting game. Waiting is the hardest part. will keep every updated.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know excatly how you feel right now! I think this is harder than when I was pregnant. I had a date to be induced so I knew. I have no clue when my cat is going to have them. I have my alarm set to go off in the middle of the night so I can check on her. I will check back in the morning and see how your cat is doing. Have a great night!

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know, its so exciting! Yours isnt due until May, right? Or is there going to be a 4th one soon? LOL

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I doubt a 4th she is due may 16th but never know. Everyone said she is due early I don't have a clue when she was bread.

pantherclaw03

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
up where my dad works(hes a mechanic), there are a few stray cats, 2 of them (brother and sister) live in the garage. the female cat got pregant but i dont know how far along she is and ive been waiting for what seems like forever for her to have them. is there any way to know how far along she is without bringing her to the vet? her stomach is huge.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pantherclaw03

up where my dad works(hes a mechanic), there are a few stray cats, 2 of them (brother and sister) live in the garage. the female cat got pregant but i dont know how far along she is and ive been waiting for what seems like forever for her to have them. is there any way to know how far along she is without bringing her to the vet? her stomach is huge.
Panther...first, you need to seperate the boy from the girl and get him neutered. There is a thread at the top of the forum that gives advice on pregnant cats and the signs to look for with regards to impending labor. If you need to know exactly how close she is...you really would need to take her into the vet.

Also...you need to inform your dad that cats can become pregnant again as early as a week after giving birth...so she really needs her own space away from her brother until the kittens are weaned and she can safely be spayed. The garage may not be an ideal location for her to give birth so is there a room that someone can keep her in until she has given birth and the kittens are weaned and she is spayed?

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74659

Katie

amber416

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by winterandsmokey

I know she does have some waiting to do. And I have found homes for three for sure as I will not promise any more than that as I have no Idea how many she will be having. I do have a waiting list though. i have enough people to take 7 kittens but that is a lot of kittens but not unheard of as that is what she had last time.
Will you have all of the kittens spayed/neutered before they go to their new homes? Please make sure you do, there is certainly no shortage of homeless kittens here in Wisconsin.