Pregnant cat mucous plug stuck?

TheCatQueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My girl Mayzee has been showing all the signs and two days ago I thought finally because I saw a piece of the mucous plug hanging out but I just checked and it's still hanging out of there. I can tell the babies have dropped super low and she was twitching almost like contractions.Do you think she is stopping labor?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She probably have difficult to wash off herself, being high preg... And mucus plug, as the name says, is of a semi-solid consistency.... So it fastened on her... I presume you can wash it off, with a damp cloth.

OK, what is this twitching... I would guess on early prelabor... It CAN go on even more than 24 hours...
Its the self active pushing phase which is typically shorter than with humans.

So, as long she seems OK, no bigger problems than these minor twitchings, you observe closely, but can calmly wait and see.

IF she eats or drinks something, give her calcium rich, whatever you have home and she takes.
Goats milk, kmr, full fat yoghurt, cheese....

Low calcium may cause weak labor, so its a guarding...

T TheCatQueen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TheCatQueen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes it's gone now. She's only lickinf her wet food and leaving the chunks of meat behind. I also gave her some kitten milk. Today I woke up to her talking to me again because she's been quiet the past few weeks. Also she's laid in bed with me all day and is Breathing quite rapidly while sleeping. I will see if I can attach a video