Pregnant Cat: Lily

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My recent foster has had diarrhea these past few days and I was wondering if it's okay for a pregnant cat to have a probiotic to help it

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, its entirely OK to try with a probiotic. Unless its some sort of funny sort of probiotic á la horse medicine. :)

Is she has much diarrheas, she must drink more - and thus also, give her more salts... You may use such a minerale water with lotsa of different salts as a base.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, its entirely OK to try with a probiotic. Unless its some sort of funny sort of probiotic á la horse medicine. :)

Is she has much diarrheas, she must drink more - and thus also, give her more salts... You may use such a minerale water with lotsa of different salts as a base.
Okay, thank you for the help!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What color is the diarrhea?

It is also possible that she may have parasites that need treating. They can cause diarrhea.

So can a recent food change.

Plain, canned pumpkin mixed into her food also helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittycat1004j

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What color is the diarrhea?

It is also possible that she may have parasites that need treating. They can cause diarrhea.

So can a recent food change.

Plain, canned pumpkin mixed into her food also helps.
There is no odd coloring to it. I have been feeding her soft food because of her pregnancy so I was thinking of trying to lessen the amount of soft food that I'm giving her. I just want those kittens gettting all the lost nutrients from when she wasn't getting fed properly!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wet food is excellent for her. Try mixing a tablespoon of plain pumpkin into it. It will usually help to firm up a stool.