pregnant cat labour

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have merged all the threads on this subject, to make it easier to follow the story and to help answer the OP.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cupcakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat is 66 days pregnant she mated on the 23rd jan (5 times) does this mean cause she has not given birth yet those matings did not work???? she has her milk in she has been looking around corners in places etc she has not lots her mucus plug that i am aware of! she is eating and drinking the kittens are moving around like mad, but the last few days they have settled down but still moving.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand what you're asking. If she has kittens inside of her, then that means she is pregnant and those matings had to work, unless there have been other times she could have gotten pregnant at a later date?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you feel the kittens moving, it is as it should, just participate in the waiting game.  Like most of the others in our contemporary treads do or did.

If you didnt had feel them, there happen false pregnancies, oh yes.

So the first wife of our resident (he was a stud, nowadays a neutered senior citizen) got happily pregnant. Times goes, the day of 65 arrives, we are waiting anxiously for the phone telling us all about the lucky delivery and the wonderful grand children we got. So the phone comes, the owner of the female speaking.  He asks us about a renewed mating - it was a false pregnancy...

Yes, we turned him down this time.    :)

Good luck!  *vibes*

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she pinked up about 3 weeks after mating then she is due any day now, and that matches being able to feel the kittens moving.  65 days is an average but cats being cats some go up to 70 days.  If you reach 70 days with no delivery I'd be ringing the vet, so long as she had no later chance to mate.  You don't say if this was a planned mating but since you know how many times she mated it sounds like it, rather than being a random street mating.

Last edited:

cupcakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes what i mean is maybe she got pregnant a few days later by another cat??? i saw her mate then 4 days later she was out of heat

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yes what i mean is maybe she got pregnant a few days later by another cat??? i saw her mate then 4 days later she was out of heat
Ah, she COULD get pregnant at the later occasion too.  Heat isnt not absolutely necessary for cats to get pregnant.  The mating itself causes ovulation, so if mated, they can get pregnant even if not in heat.

The DO get much easier pregnant if mated in heat. And not so easy otherwise.

But perhaps the first tom and she combined wasnt entirely fertile together, so there wasnt nothing out of it.

- Like I know happens often enough with pure breed cats, although perhaps two different mating sessions. Where we always see the results.  Breeders must then try with some other stud - usually succeeing.

It surely happens with moggies too, but we dont have same possiblility to control and see results.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have merged this thread with the other threads on the same subject. COuld everyone try to keep their comments in the same place.

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
65 days is an average, not an absolute.  She could go to 70 days.  If she showed signs of pregnancy (pinking up) at 3 weeks from when you saw her mating then you have the right due date.  If you find she is going beyond 70 days, it's probably time to ring the vet and ask their opinion.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cupcakes, is there any news about your cat? How is she doing? I hope all the problems are sorting themselves out and that you may even have kittens by now!

cupcakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi yes she had them yesterday, she showed no signs of nesting, still was eating drinking like any other day, she suddenly got up and meowed at me and took me up stairs. It all started at 10 in the morning and the last one was born at 4 in the afternoon so she has a hard time but they are all doing well. Thanks

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, that is wonderful news.You must be so relieved. Keep us up to date with their progress and ask any questions you want, there are so many people here with loads of experience. As soon as you feel able to, without upsetting hte mother, take some pictures and post them in the Fur Pictures and Videos forum - we all love pictures, especially of kittens. Good luck.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
take some pictures and post them in the Fur Pictures and Videos forum - we all love pictures, especially of kittens.
And link them here, or at least, tell us the picts are there. Othewise we cant know.

Good luck!

cupcakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
pic are up not sure what i have done tho, but they are up!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

She posted in her gallery album. I'll post the pic here. That little calico is adorable!

cupcakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes she is feeding ok but spends long periods without them so i have to keep making sure she is going back to them she is more interested in going out.