Pregnant Cat Given Anesthesia? Please Help!

Ahsnsfeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today i took my cat to the vet for a regular checkup for grooming as my cat was frequently scratching and licking a particular area on her body. It was almost impossible for the vet to examine the cat without sedating her as she was being extremely agressive. So she was given a small dose of a sedative.
A little background story: Prior to this appointment at the vet about a week ago i bred my feline with a male cat of my friend. The question which is troubling me is that can this sedation in any ways prove negative to the development of the fetus?
Keep in mind that the cat is roughly 1 week pregnant. All answers will be hugely appreciated, please respond if you know even a little about this area bc i am extremely worried about the health of my cat and her fetus!!!!

P.s: he also gave the furry another injection which he said that would stop her excessive itching. Currently i dont know the names of the drug that were given but will ask him about them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A mild sedative will hopefully have no effect. I am guessing that your vet gave your cat an injection of cortisone for the itching. I do not know what impact this might have if your cat is indeed pregnant.

It’s best to ask your vet about possible effects of both medications on early pregnancy.

A general rule of thumb in the future would be to give your cat absolutely no meds when you are intentionally breeding her.

I wish you the best! Let us know what the vet says.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ahsnsfeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A mild sedative will hopefully have no effect. I am guessing that your vet gave your cat an injection of cortisone for the itching. I do not know what impact this might have if your cat is indeed pregnant.

It’s best to ask your vet about possible effects of both medications on early pregnancy.

A general rule of thumb in the future would be to give your cat absolutely no meds when you are intentionally breeding her.

I wish you the best! Let us know
Oh thank god finally something reliefing! Thats very helpful of you and yea i will definitely update after consulting again with the vet. Btw thanks again!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your cat? Is she is in good health other than the itching?

Do you have a breeding mentor?