Pregnant cat due any day now!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mileygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I left my boyfriend's house (we don't live together) at about 2 am (New Jersey time) and have not heard anything from him, yet. I am currently at class right now, but I expect to be seeing her once I am out around 1:30pm.

If she was to go into labor or if anything significant happened, my boyfriend would have contacted me. So as soon as I see her, or I hear something, I will post!! 

Thank you again for all of your help and concern! I really appreciate it! <3 :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks for the update. We'll wait to hear further news from you!

Last edited:

mileygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Got a text from my boyfriend.. he said she was contracting a little and she "seems dilated"... I guess he meant her lady parts look a bit swollen. I just got to his house and she's just sitting around, seems uncomfortable.. kinda restless. But her tummy is twitching so I'm hoping kitties come soon!!

mileygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She just started getting a brown-bloodyish discharge.. she's been licking herself and walking around. Since I've been at my boyfriend's she hasn't stopped moving around, really. She sat down for a little bit but she looks uncomfortable :(

mileygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her first labor went fairly quickly with two kittens. We have no idea how many she's having now so who knows how long this will take [emoji]128557[/emoji]

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Litter size isn't as big of a factor as you'd think. Some take all day to deliver three, other cats pop out six in a couple hours. My Lizzy had 4 in 45 minutes. Hopefully they all arrive safely! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

mileygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Litter size isn't as big of a factor as you'd think. Some take all day to deliver three, other cats pop out six in a couple hours. My Lizzy had 4 in 45 minutes. Hopefully they all arrive safely! [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Thank you! Me too! I cried when she gave birth to the stillborn in her first litter. It took a really long time for me to shake the sadness from that one.

As of right now, she's walking around meowing, crying, rubbing up against me, and drinking a ton of water. She attempted to go to the bathroom, however, she just squatted there straining a bit. I know this is my second time around, but I'm still nervous as all hell! 

Any pointers you guys can give me??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's just patience until she's pushing. You can give her belly rubs if she'll let you.

mileygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's just patience until she's pushing. You can give her belly rubs if she'll let you.
That's all she wants! haha

Beau was lying in her nest and she was lying on a kitten couch we have for them, and when she saw Beau lying in her bed, she got up, meowed at him, then came and meowed at me because he refused to move hahaha

Do you think now is a good time to separate them? He's not doing anything to her. He's just sitting there keeping any eye on her from a distance or occasionally licking her head when she meows. He's a good birthing coach haha

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she didn't want him there you would know.  Hissing and swatting.  He may help keep her calm.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she's comfortable with Beau around it's fine. If he's upsetting her, then separate them.

mileygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my boyfriend tried separating them last night, she sat at his bedroom door waiting for Beau to come back in. He's like her little guardian angel. Everywhere she goes, he's right behind her.

And Miley is currently laying in her nest.. No recent meowing or bleeding 

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As they said, she will make it clear if she doesn't want him near. Lots of belly rubs will help her along and comfort her. Not much you can do other than wait.

mileygirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: No kitties yet but there is a bit more brownish discharge leaking out. I had clinicals at 630am this morning and my boyfriend texted me that she was bleeding bright red blood. So at 130am, I drove to his house (30 min away) and saw that it was the same discharge she has been having, just a bit more. She was acting normal, just really sleepy and tired, but she was fine. I read the discharge can appear 1-2 days before labor. So hopefully we are in the final stretch!