Pregnant cat chose my home as her forever home, need some advice please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverinfla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually have another question if that's alright. She had them right behind the sofa, exactly where I knew she had chosen, I guess I shouldn't have let get come out of the bathroom. How can I move them to a better and safer place without causing get distress?

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It best to let her move them if she decide to so if she chosen behind the sofa, she might move them but i see why you might want them moved, you could try making a nesting box and put their blankets in there and try move them there.

I can persuade my cat to be ok moving the kittens when they were babies if needed without causing her distress but since i don't know your cat, it might be different

catloverinfla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna give it a shot, wearing gloves of course. The babies are on top of one of my son's water guns, it just looks uncomfortable. I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited:

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't need gloves, she won't stop taking care of them just because they have your scent.

catloverinfla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, I have one more and another half bath but I have a huge tote that I'm gonna try. I've put a heating pad on one side and a blanket over. Last spring this same thing happened, I recused s cat that some deviant was trying to set on fire, she turned out to be pregnant also and the tote thing worked. I guess we will see. I have put up all other cats.

catloverinfla

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't see this before. I have moved them, she didn't fuss. I gave her some food and water to, she looks happy and content. The babies are just precious. All seem happy at the moment. Thank you for all of your help. It was greatly need and appreciated :)