Pregnant cat bleeding

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. i have been taking care of a pregnant stray cat and when I went outside I noticed blood spots. When she came up to me her backside also had blood. She doesn’t seem in pain but I don’t think this is normal can anybody help ?
IMG_6808.jpeg
IMG_6805.jpeg
IMG_6809.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree! This poor cat has an emergency occurring and needs immediate care. She is either miscarrying or unable to birth kittens, whether full term or not, and they may be dying inside of her. That amount of blood is quite alarming.

Please update and thank you for caring for her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update:
I did not have the money to take her to a vet because they are very expensive which trust me, I feel horrible about and wish I could have. I live in a very small town with one vet and they do not accept payment plans of any kind or I would have definitely done that!

However I did talk to a friend who is in school to become a vet (which I know is still not a vet but it’s the best that I could do). I spent a lot of time with her so she wasn’t alone, I could monitor her and also because I was very very worried about her! She was not acting any different. She continued eating drinking, playing, very mobile, and was still affectionate.

The bleeding began on Wednesday and continued throughout the day and night but it became less and less. I also checked if I could still feel movement from the kittens and I could. I saw her Thursday and once very early Friday morning. Saturday it was late at night and it was very obvious she was no longer pregnant.

I’m assuming that she had a miscarriage and delivered them or they were stillborn or she abandoned them because I know that momma cats usually stay with their kittens the first day or two after birth. But I have not seen her during the day for the past two days (before she would be here day and night or at random times) she has just been coming late at night and has stayed for about an hour and then leaves. Tonight she has been here for about 3 hours.

I really do hope that somehow her babies are just fine but her breaks seem like they are a too long to be leaving newborn kittens. I was looking forward to seeing them

Sorry this was long just wanted to explain everything!

Here is a picture from when she came back

IMG_6825.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Charity355

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And before when she was pregnant!

IMG_6826.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s possible she has kittens outside somewhere and that is why you are seeing so little of her. Cats do leave newborns for periods of time to forage. Feed her well in case she is nursing. Do her mammaries appear full or as though they are being suckled on?

If she has kittens and they survive, she will bring them around when they are ready for soft foods.

C Charity355