Pregnant Cat & Another Litter

Wal74mel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have one cat, Luna, who gave birth to 5 beautiful & healthy kittens, 2 1/2 wks ago. I have another cat, Trixie, who is also pregnant and almost ready to give birth. I know all about having them fixed. We were not able to get the male fixed before he was able to get to these two females. My problem is Trixie will NOT leave Luna's babies alone!! Trixie constantly jumps into the box with Luna and her babies!! Trix has even gone so far as to push Luna out of the way to get to Luna's babies!! At the moment, I currently have Trix in another room with her own box, food, water, litter, every thing she needs. She is trying to tear up my carpet by the door. I know Trix is getting close to delivering her babies as she has been following me, on my lap any time I sit, extra lovey, etc. My question is, do I allow Trix to be with Luna's babies or do I continue to keep them seperated??? If I need to keep them seperated, then how do I keep her from tearing up my carpet??

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep them separated. The babies need to be with their mom.

As for your carpet, you might need to put a towel or something down for now.

When was your male neutered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wal74mel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank You! Male was neutered on Jan 4th, 2018, the day after I had knee surgery.