Pregnant cat advice please.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my. Yes, the vet absolutely needs to look at this and determine if anything needs to be done, or if it will reabsorb and heal properly on its own. There may even be a hernia there that may need repair.

tobythekitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello there I'm a new member on this site I'm from the UK, I often read these columns and I have come for all of your help and advice please, I have two male neutered cats of my own ( Alfie and Olaf) and just a couple of weeks ago this little stray appeared and I decided to take her in as I was feeding her for 4 weeks just 1 weeks ago I noticed that she was very round and her nipples are almost bald it's like she's licked all her furr off them and she had had some vaginal discharge for 3 days now I can feel and see her kittens moving around so I'm guessing she is close too labour? I have never had a pregnant cat before so was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are? She will be spayed once the little ones are old enough to be weaned and my male cats will be locked away from her once she has given birth, thank you, and I also called her pebbles she is the cat in my display picture[emoji]128516[/emoji][emoji]128516[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danielleherd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you think she can be saved then? She has vets tomorrow hopefully he will be able to help her I have never seen this before on things I have googled

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I believe the kitten can be saved. The vet should not suggest euthanasia due to this. If he does, see another vet.

It may actually be some of the intestines, but since there is skin covering it, a repair should be feasible.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think she can be saved then? She has vets tomorrow hopefully he will be able to help her I have never seen this before on things I have googled
My Harry had an umbilical hernia at birth that was fixed when he was neutered. But it did not have blood inside. Have no experience of this. I bet you anything it is a minor thing that is easily fixed. Let us know ASAP.

danielleherd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I took her too see 2 vets today and they both told me that it was a severe infection and pebbles had bit the unbilicol cord too far down and nothing could be done to save her, she was to weak to fight it so the kindest thing to do what to put her to sleep and not make her suffer anymore. I am truly gutted but at least she is not in pain now

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Danielle, I have never heard of that though it does make sense. I am SO sorry. I know exactly the pain you are feeling. [emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji][emoji]128575[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
danielleherd danielleherd

Oh, what a shame. I am so sorry to hear this. Like you, I had hoped for better news. But you did try two opinions, which is good, and both said the same thing. May she rest in peace. Thank you for caring for her.

How are the other kittens and mom doing today?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well I took her too see 2 vets today and they both told me that it was a severe infection and pebbles had bit the unbilicol cord too far down and nothing could be done to save her, she was to weak to fight it so the kindest thing to do what to put her to sleep and not make her suffer anymore. I am truly gutted but at least she is not in pain now
I am so sorry that you lost this little one.  I doubt that she suffered, from what you have said, but she would have done so as her health went down and the infection took over.  Better that she slipped away before that happened.

Rest you gentle, Little One, dream you deep.  Your time here was noted, and you are remembered.

danielleherd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know I'm so upset that she didn't make it but I tried everything I could the second vet was very good told me we could of gave her antibiocts but it still wouldn't work I was crying my eyes out he said that he could tell that I loved this kitten so he didn't want my money bless his heart! Pebbles and the other two kittens are doing good the two boys are very strong and I have decided that I'm going to keep them and have them all spayed and neutered I can't bring myself to part with them x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't blame you for keeping the other two. I kept all four of mine. You won't regret it at all. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

danielleherd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am just truly greatful that I get too be a part of her life and I can get her spayed so she doesn't need too keep having kittens she's one special cat she will have a great life now, I belive that too mamanyt I think she knew I would help her x

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'm so upset that she didn't make it but I tried everything I could the second vet was very good told me we could of gave her antibiocts but it still wouldn't work I was crying my eyes out he said that he could tell that I loved this kitten so he didn't want my money bless his heart! Pebbles and the other two kittens are doing good the two boys are very strong and I have decided that I'm going to keep them and have them all spayed and neutered I can't bring myself to part with them x
Danielle, you are a foster failure! Just like me. So glad you are keeping Pebbles & her sons. She may be a first-time mother, which was why she bit the cord down too far. Please keep us updated with photos & names.

danielleherd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello ladies just a update my two ginger males are not 11 days old and are very healthy one of my male kittens has had a gunky eye and couldn't open it but my vet said too wipe it with cooled boiled water and that has been working there names are Oliver and O'Maley the ally cat Pebbles is a great mum and she is booked in in 6 weeks too get dressed and Oliver and O'Maley will be neutered at 6 months when they are big enough advised by my very much in love with them all there are just beautiful. And I just want too thank every single one of you guys who helped me and gave me Brillant advise thank you all so much xx

danielleherd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's meant to say there are 11 days old now lol

danielleherd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Found out that pebbles is 5 years old too I was shocked because she looks so tiny I thought she was 1 lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just a dainty little thing, as opposed to my girl, who looks very much like a furry soccer ball.  We are on a diet.  We are not happy.  We tend to scream for our treats, which are no longer given freely, but strictly rationed.