pregnant cat advice appreciated

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay! It is nerve-wracking waiting for pregnant cats to go into labor and deliver. I've been there. It's no walk in the park! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephniex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay! It is nerve-wracking waiting for pregnant cats to go into labor and deliver. I've been there. It's no walk in the park! [emoji]128522[/emoji]
it sure is lol i think I'm maybe more anxious because when I was younger our akita dog had trouble during labour and my mum waited to long to take her in which led to all 7 pups dying and a very depressed dog till the day she died she was never the same [emoji]128546[/emoji] so I've read everything i could find education is power after all lol I'm sure it won't happen again but at least I know the warning signs to get her in asap,, and this site is amazing for reassurance, at least I can relax for now knowing its all going normal, thank u so much xxxxxxx

stephniex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yaaaaaaaay. Her milk has come in, she rolled over and there was a lil drop of clearish fluid on her nipples!!! That's progress right? Xxxxx

stephniex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
. Little update on myla... Not much change, mostly sleeping and licking, done 3 or 4 big (huge) [emoji]128514[/emoji] poos not eating, she'shad a ccouple of nibbles but nothing much,, her lady parts are way more noticeable today (ddon't know if that even makes a difference) every so often her breathing speeds up and she has a lil meow each time, hopefully more progress by tonight xxxx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like her body is preparing for labor soon. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

stephniex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anything yet?
. No not yet [emoji]128553[/emoji]today she has not moved from her nesting room, she's sleeping soooo much, today she hasn't eaten much , she has some mucus coming from her lady parts no smell, looks clear but can't get a good enough look lol she's licking her lady parts and her tummy more, her milk is defo in as I've noticed dry yellowey crusty bits around her nipples, she's having the odd precontraction, she's defo in pre labour just hoped shed have moved into stage 1 by now, she's OK in herself so I'm not worried at this point think its just taking its time, I'm hoping the fact that she's stayed in her nesting room all day (which she hasn't done yet) is a sign? I've heard they stay close to the nest when going into labour? And she hasn't really had much of the mucus/discharge, up until today so hopefully she's progressing, have you done this before? This is my first litter, I'm a nervous wreck lol xxx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, this is progress. Kittens will probably be here in the next day or two.

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have had cats that had kittens but i was a teenager and didn't know how long they gestate or when they got pregnant etc. so there was no real waiting game for me other than the occasional thought of , "i wonder when she'll have her kittens?" lol. 'm sure it is nerve wracking and i'm not looking forward to it myself haha (my kitty has about 3 weeks to go). i can't wait to see what your new little family members look like.  

stephniex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have had cats that had kittens but i was a teenager and didn't know how long they gestate or when they got pregnant etc. so there was no real waiting game for me other than the occasional thought of , "i wonder when she'll have her kittens?" lol. 'm sure it is nerve wracking and i'm not looking forward to it myself haha (my kitty has about 3 weeks to go). i can't wait to see what your new little family members look like.  
thank you can't wait, it defo messes with your sanity, one minute their showing all the signs n your like, yes! This is it she's in labour, then 3 days later still no labour lol had a few false alarms, keeps me on my toes, AW congrats on your girl 3 weeks will go in no time its the last few days just drag in,, is she big? Myla is not really, I feel 2 masses so don't think there's any more than that which I'm kinda glad of for her sake x xxx

lurkysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is kinda big but she's really petite naturally so i think it's mostly that. I think shebhas around 4 in there but i could be wrong lol. And thank you! I know they will lol