Pregnant Cat Acting Strange

Nic1997

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello! It’s my first time posting on here, but I’m very concerned with my cat. She’s over a year old and got out Christmas night. Came back Jan 2 an did not look pregnant until a month later. Her nipples became longer and pink, an got a lil round belly. Well she still has not given birth but feels smaller than she did a couple weeks ago, and today has gone into heat? There’s no way she gave birth without me noticing, especially because she won’t let me leave her side. Is this normal? I plan to take her in tomorrow but I’d like some advise or opinions if you guys have any, I’d appreciate it!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
High pregs may have heat alike symptoms but here it could false preg.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like the kittens may have dropped lower near the birth canal, and your cat may be in labor. Hormones cause odd behavior.

Depending on when she mated, she is due right about now. She should be at 69-70 days along now. I suspect she is having kittens today!

Please let us know what the vet says.

If she is not pregnant, plan to get her spayed ASAP.

Cats can experience false pregnancy, as well as pyometra, which is a uterine infection that causes fluid to build up, making the cat appear pregnant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nic1997

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I made an appointment for her for Wednesday! Everyone’s pretty booked and they said if she’s still eating drinking and acting fine she’ll be ok. I’ll let you all know ASAP. I was super excited for kitten soon not gonna lie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nic1997

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What makes you think she is in heat?
She is constantly at my side crying and putting her butt into the air, dragging herself all over the floor

Thesaint117

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has done this every now and then, she' I believe at 55days now