Pregnant cat acting odd

thefurrbabieskeepcoming

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so i have a siamese cat, she is about a year old.
she had gotten out several times during one of her heats and a couple of weeks after, i noticed she was pinking up. i assumed she was pregnant, i didnt really have the resources at the time to get confirmation from a vet.
it is now about 60 days in. i dont remember exactly how long but thats a pretty good guess.
for the past three days, she has been very affectionate to me and to my other cat's kittens. shes started playing with the kittens in a motherly way and play fights with them. shes also been meowing very long and growling at me every time she is laying on me and i move. today i started noticing she was rubbing her face pretty rapidly, i assume she was trying to nurse.
ive have her since she was 6 months she was a street cat and came up to me one day. she was in pretty bad health and my grandparents did what they could to help me get the necessary things to get her to good health.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is getting close to her labor and delivery time and her hormones are in high gear in preparation to be a mother. She could perhaps have them within a week or so.

What is your city and state and we can help you locate a low cost spay and neuter clinic for your cats. Otherwise, you will have litter after litter of kittens. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefurrbabieskeepcoming

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
for 1, she is an indoor cat.
2. i will get my cat spayed at a time that i can
3. i have several outdoor cats, so just spaying her will not stop the influx of kittens, and i for one do not particularly care
4. i dont mind raising kittens as i can give them to people i trust. those people can spay/neuter if they want

thefurrbabieskeepcoming

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so i have a siamese cat, she is about a year old.
she had gotten out several times during one of her heats and a couple of weeks after, i noticed she was pinking up. i assumed she was pregnant, i didnt really have the resources at the time to get confirmation from a vet.
it is now about 60 days in. i dont remember exactly how long but thats a pretty good guess.
for the past three days, she has been very affectionate to me and to my other cat's kittens. shes started playing with the kittens in a motherly way and play fights with them. shes also been meowing very long and growling at me every time she is laying on me and i move. today i started noticing she was rubbing her face pretty rapidly, i assume she was trying to nurse.
ive have her since she was 6 months she was a street cat and came up to me one day. she was in pretty bad health and my grandparents did what they could to help me get the necessary things to get her to good health.
she was rubbing her face on my other cats tits^

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
for 1, she is an indoor cat.
2. i will get my cat spayed at a time that i can
3. i have several outdoor cats, so just spaying her will not stop the influx of kittens, and i for one do not particularly care
4. i dont mind raising kittens as i can give them to people i trust. those people can spay/neuter if they want
Hoping for a safe delivery. :) I recommend spaying mom and the babies as soon as possible. Mom can be spayed around 6-8 weeks after she gives birth. Kittens can be spayed even sooner, once they reach two pounds or so. While I understand kittens are cute, if you have unfixed cats outdoors, you are right in that this will continue and unfortunately, the reality is that the majority of kittens born will not make it into a safe, loving home. Spaying/neutering prevents this and saves your cats the frustration of going into heat.

thefurrbabieskeepcoming

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hoping for a safe delivery. :) I recommend spaying mom and the babies as soon as possible. Mom can be spayed around 6-8 weeks after she gives birth. Kittens can be spayed even sooner, once they reach two pounds or so. While I understand kittens are cute, if you have unfixed cats outdoors, you are right in that this will continue and unfortunately, the reality is that the majority of kittens born will not make it into a safe, loving home. Spaying/neutering prevents this and saves your cats the frustration of going into heat.
they will make it into a safe home if i have anything to do wit it

Kitty Beholder

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Stop telling me to spay my damn cat. its my cat and you telling me to spqy them is just ****ing annoying
This is a pro-spay/neuter forum. Situations sadly change every day, and a lack of spaying/neutering will lead to more cats in shelters and outdoors who cannot be saved. Spaying/neutering will no doubt make things better for your cats - especially any unfixed cats living outside. Is there any reason in particular why you don't want to spay/neuter your cats/kittens?

TCS has good articles on the subject:

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats
How To Save Your Cat From These 16 Life-threatening Pregnancy Risks
When To Spay Or Neuter A Cat?

thefurrbabieskeepcoming

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i wanted her to get pregnant, thanks. i dont haVe tye resources to spay, and im in quarantine!!! i can take care of my own shit

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

Yes, we are very much a pro spay and neuter site. But please remember what the site owner, Anne has written in
her important sticky for this forum, a part of which is:

The focus of this forum is to assist those who may find themselves having to care for a pregnant cat or to hand-raise kittens NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE UNDER WHICH THE CAT CAME TO BE PREGNANT.

The rule is that NO ONE should be judgmental of anyone posting a request for assistance - please do not automatically cite all the good reasons why a cat should be spayed or neutered. This only serves to alienate those who might otherwise be helped here and perhaps forever turn them off from seeking our help.

I know many of us feel strongly about this, but please familiarise yourself with the whole of Anne's post before responding.

And if any member is concerned about responses in a thread, flagging, rather than bickering in the thread, is the way to go.

Last edited: