Pregnant cat 67-70 days!! Still no labour!!

Kashouu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My chatreux cat has been pregnant for around 67-70 I know this because she escaped the 3rd of november and came back the 6th. She has milk and for the past week has been losing a white discharge. I can see and feel the babies moving, she doesn’t seem to be in pain. For the past 2 days she has been going back and forth to the box I made for her in my closet. She has been having diarrhea. I don’t know what to do, I’ve been thinking I will probably bring her to the vet tomorrow. Any suggestions or helpful comments?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kashouu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah first thing in the morning I am going to bring her, she is my baby I want to make sure she is fine even if it costs me my rent 😂

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could maybe call and talk to the vet first? Tell them everything and see what they think, whether you need to actually bring her in.

Kashouu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve talked to multiple vets, some said wait a day, some said bring her in tomorrow and some said that she might have an infection, so better safe than sorry im gonna bring her tomorrow!

Kashouu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will! Just to add this is her 2nd litter! She is only two years old, saved her from out side it was winter and raining brought back her and her two brothers and sister they were only 4 weeks old! Im happy I kept her. She sleeps with me, talks to me, litterally follows me everywhere! 😂

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you said she is having a white discharge, do you mean she has milk? Or do you mean vaginal discharge?

If vaginal discharge, is it like white / yellow pus? Or more clear? Is there a bad smell?

I counted the days and if she was gone between November 3-6, she is about 65-68 days pregnant. The normal gestation period can go as long as 70 days. As long as she seems healthy, in good spirits, and does not have concerning vaginal discharge (such as foul smell, looks like pus, or large quantity of discharge), I would wait a couple more days before starting to worry. If she has vaginal discharge that seems to indicate infection, however, I would take her in right away.

Kashouu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has her milk and has been having vaginal discharge for a week at least. No it doesn’t smell but sometimes it’s very white, some times i little yellow or a little pink but it never smells

Kashouu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I was going to! She had an appointment but COVID happened and she escaped before her other appointment :(