Pregnancy test question cont (got results back)

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never been pregnant, but try to find an OBGYN that specializes in first time older moms. A friend of mine was in her 30's and got pregnant for the first time. She had been told in her 20's that she would never conceive, so when she met her BF, they didn't use protection. She now has a healthy 4 yr old daughter. The ONLY girl on her daddy's side. She has lots of boy cousins! LOL Can you say her grandma spoils her? LOL

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations. BF and I are in the stages of talking about when we would like to have kids!! Thinking about it I dont know why I still call him BF because we are engaged and planning on doing the whole courthouse deal on 11-11...Its our good luck time we always see on the clocks! Anyways enough about that Im really happy for you!
Personally I lovedddddddddd being pregnant no morning sickness and the belly rubs were the bestest ever! I still to this day love it when I can get BF to rub my belly for me! LOL! Your doctor will probably put you as high risk but that is just because of your age not that there would be anything wrong. Im a high risk no matter what because I have a serious blood disorder that can get agitated by pregnancy. I highly recommend reading on Web MD about pregnancy they had a ton of good advice and did a lot of baby tracking stuff while in utero but then also had tons of tips for after the baby was born.
Im so happy for you good luck with everything and Im passing major no morning sickness vibes!!

P.S. double check this with your doctor but Id stay away from cranberry juice. I was highly addicted to it while pregnant with my oldest and it ended up causing me to get severe UTIs and I was always told its not good for pregnant women. But thats just what I was told not a written in stone fact.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oooh im just thinking here they tell people not to have fried eggs, soft boiled eggs any type of egg that the yolk isnt cooked and peanuts im trying to think what my best friend was told not to eat hmmm....

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go by what YOUR OB/GYN says!!!
mine never said anything about eggs---so it's BEST to go by what he/she says!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

oooh im just thinking here they tell people not to have fried eggs, soft boiled eggs any type of egg that the yolk isnt cooked and peanuts im trying to think what my best friend was told not to eat hmmm....
If the eggs are pastuerized it's fine.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

One thing to add to the don't eat-list are products with licorice. It was used for centuries as a drug to try to cause abortion. It can cause premature labor or miscarriage and it can affect the baby's development.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! I hope you have a safe, healthy, and happy pregnancy! That's just wonderful for you!