Preggo kitty

sarah bsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg they are so georgous. I am soooo jealous. I hope you find happy living homes for them. Hope my girl doesnt have too many pretty orange babies if want to keep them. How will you decide which one to keep?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thinkpurple

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to keep the multi colored one, and we've dubbed her (I think her) Moo by because my daughter says she looks like a cow. My SO on the other hand loves orange kitties so we may be keeping two!

thinkpurple

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well things just took a turn. I'm fairly certain Lucy has a prolapsed uterus. When petting her I noticed something slightly protruding from her vagina. After being out of work since January and my so literally JUST getting a job, we barely have money for gas! I contacted a group who will pay for her procedure (spay), but they won't pay an er vet so we have to wait until morning. I will be up all night worried sick! After that I will have to bottle feed the babies. Will she be okay to feed them after her spay??

thinkpurple

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lucy was into the vet who saw nothing. Our best guess is she had retained a placenta, but expelled it some time last night. I'm to watch her closely and bring her back if she seems off at all. Glad she's OK!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you feel relieved. Hope everything goes well with Lucy and her babies from here on.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wonderful news!  And she could have kept nursing after the surgery, mama cats do it after Cesareans and I already shared my story about the cat who had been spayed 10 days before taking on orphan kittens and producing a full load of milk by day 3.  They just have to have extra strong stitching if there will be nursing, but not something you have to deal with here.

thinkpurple

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Red Top Rescue, I saw that post and was so relieved. I would have bottle fed if I had to, but I have 1 year old twins plus a(n almost) four year old and my older son (8). I already don't get enough sleep lol.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes! Here is another baby pic. Is she a dilute calico? I'm totally confused with cat colors!