Purraise
Has anyone used it before? They have prednisolone tablets for $8 60 ct

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just used it for the first time - but not to order prednisolone. So, if that is your specific question, maybe edit your thread title to reflect that?

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've ordered multiple medications plus topical flea meds from them and have had no problems. However, my veterinarian will not deal with them directly so I have to get a paper scrip from vet and mail it to Chewy directly so it does take a bit longer to receive products at least for the initial process.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have used Chewy for multiple prescriptions for my dog. They were impeccable and I had no complaints. I have also used them for the older formulation of Revolution for cats and had no problem. My vets all deal with them directly, but using the paper scrip is fine, too.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've ordered multiple medications plus topical flea meds from them and have had no problems. However, my veterinarian will not deal with them directly so I have to get a paper scrip from vet and mail it to Chewy directly so it does take a bit longer to receive products at least for the initial process.
That is what I'm currently going through with getting Revolution Plus. My vet won't deal with Chewy either so I have to pick up the approval and mail it. Problem is... they will do it on their timeline instead of mine when it's needed.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I never really wanted to deal with Chewy, tbh, but I have decided it is easier than getting meds/supplies through the vet's office - at a much higher cost. Although the old vet would price match Chewy on things like sub-Q fluids - the new vet doesn't price match.

I haven't checked how/if Buprenex can be gotten through a place like Chewy since it is a controlled substance. But at least the new vet only charges about half of what the old vet charged for the same number of doses. As Feeby's other prescriptions expire, I will likely get those through Chewy too. At least both of these vets are/were willing to provide scripts to Chewy upon request. And, with my first order, the scripts were sent from my vet to Chewy on the same day that Chewy reached out to them, and I received the supplies 3 days later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder where the chewy pharmacy is? It seems like I can trust that I get good quality prednisolone from them

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good question. I imagine they could just be considered a different version of any chain pharmacy - multiple locations, but orders controlled through a single system. None of would think twice, or at least I wouldn't, about using CVS/etc. I even get some of Feeby's scripts through Publix pharmacy as the vet said they would be cheaper that way. Cheaper than Chewy? Well, that remains to be seen. I've never looked but wonder if Chewy elaborates on their web site about their pharmacy and its operation. You might want to look if you haven't already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Good question. I imagine they could just be considered a different version of any chain pharmacy - multiple locations, but orders controlled through a single system. None of would think twice, or at least I wouldn't, about using CVS/etc. I even get some of Feeby's scripts through Publix pharmacy as the vet said they would be cheaper that way. Cheaper than Chewy? Well, that remains to be seen. I've never looked but wonder if Chewy elaborates on their web site about their pharmacy and its operation. You might want to look if you haven't already.
Locations | Chewy Inc.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I get it now. That is pretty infuriating klunick klunick
Yes, it is. I should have stuck with the other vet and probably wouldn't have had any of the latest hassles. I knew I was done with current vet when I literally had to call them after 8 hours to find out if I was ever getting Boone back. All they needed to do was take an xray which I figured would be a couple hours at the most. Would have never left him if I knew it would be 8 hours. It would have taken longer but I just went and got him because I was so mad.