Precious: The movie

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone seen this? Long story short I tried to make my boyfriend go to this, he told his Mom on me (as a joke lol) and she offered to go with me instead to save him lol.

Now I am scared. I am a pretty sensitive person when it comes to watching things that have the good chance of being true to life… or of course, animals. I remember when I saw King Kong with my Ex boyfriend and his son I cried so loud I embarrassed them both lol. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not a quiet crier.

So now Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m afraid I will embarrass his Mom. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t care if I embarrass my boyfriend but his Mom is a different story Lol. So…. Is it truly sad to the point where people are going to bawl instead of silently cry? Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m actually curious to see what people say about this movie, it seems really intense emotionally.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It certainly is intense. It's horrifying, in a way, mostly because of how she's treated by her mother.

But if you hang through to the end, you might find it strangely uplifting, because of the strength of endurance that Precious has. I was haunted by this movie.

The performances are outstanding.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cry easily also at sad movies or even commercials on TV. That's why I either rent those movies or watch On Demand so I don't have to check my emotions in front of anyone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow… I saw this last night and I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think I have ever seen anything so sad. I am seriously disturbed by this movie. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not used to watching something so emotionally effecting and I am not sure how to take it.

Excellent movie, extremely well made, great acting, everything is good about it… if you can handle it. I was not really uplifted at the end... I was in a way, but it didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t make up for the rest of the crap.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

Wow… I saw this last night and I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think I have ever seen anything so sad. I am seriously disturbed by this movie. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not used to watching something so emotionally effecting and I am not sure how to take it.

Excellent movie, extremely well made, great acting, everything is good about it… if you can handle it. I was not really uplifted at the end... I was in a way, but it didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t make up for the rest of the crap.
I saw some hope at the end. She managed to make it through all of this crap, mostly her awful, awful mother, and she was forging ahead.

I definitely got a sense, at the end, of her strength, and her strong desire to get through all of this and rise above it.