Precious Cat Ultra declining?

pazzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Precious Cat Ultra Premium litter seems to be losing quality. I've used it for a few years now, but lately I notice an increase in dust clouds and dust build up around the area of the box. Also an increase in breaking clumps and sightings of those small pebble sized clumps. At first I thought maybe a bad batch, but it's been too consistent now. I've been buying it from Amazon, they have the 20 lb bags at an amazing price. Could that have something to do with these latest problems?

Anyone having the same observations?

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Precious Cat Ultra Premium litter seems to be losing quality. I've used it for a few years now, but lately I notice an increase in dust clouds and dust build up around the area of the box. Also an increase in breaking clumps and sightings of those small pebble sized clumps. At first I thought maybe a bad batch, but it's been too consistent now. I've been buying it from Amazon, they have the 20 lb bags at an amazing price. Could that have something to do with these latest problems?

Anyone having the same observations?
I am not sure what the reason is but the last two bags I got were very dusty . I loved that litter when I first started using it .  Now I use Arm & Hammer Super Scoop Unscented and it is much better , hardly any dust ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pazzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I am not sure what the reason is but the last two bags I got were very dusty . I loved that litter when I first started using it .  Now I use Arm & Hammer Super Scoop Unscented and it is much better , hardly any dust ..
It's very sad when quality products start cutting corners. I don't think I'll keep buying Precious Cat myself, I still have about two months supply unfortunately. I'm not going to buy more bags hoping that the dust issue is resolved. Maybe I'll write to them. In the meantime I've resorted to using dust masks and goggles. Too bad I can't equip the cats with the same. It's odd that I can't find any real reviews of cat litters on the internet.

When it's time I think I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

Last edited:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's very sad when quality products start cutting corners. I don't think I'll keep buying Precious Cat myself, I still have about two months supply unfortunately. I'm not going to buy more bags hoping that the dust issue is resolved. Maybe I'll write to them. In the meantime I've resorted to using dust masks and goggles. Too bad I can't equip the cats with the same. It's odd that I can't find any real reviews of cat litters on the internet.

When it's time I think I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.
I know , it is sad .  I really liked Precious Cat Ultra but myself and my cats are very sensitive to the dust . So far the Arm & Hammer Unscented is very good ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pazzo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did contact Precious Cat. Here's their reply:

"we are working on it and the litter the last couple of weeks has been back to status quo.  We have had some ongoing texture issues with our pull from the mine.  Being a natural product it can vary.  I do apologize for this inconvenience."

They're sending me a coupon. I don't know. What do you think?

Last edited:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I did contact Precious Cat. Here's their reply:

"we are working on it and the litter the last couple of weeks has been back to status quo.  We have had some ongoing texture issues with our pull from the mine.  Being a natural product it can vary.  I do apologize for this inconvenience."

They're sending me a coupon. I don't know. What do you think?
Hey , if they are sending you a coupon I guess it is worth a shot .  Let me know how it is .

2bcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I notice some variability in the dust but it hasn't been enough to make me switch.  I'm afraid of switching more than I'm afraid of the dust!