Pre-made Raw Food Diet

gdzeey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greetings all,

I was wondering if anyone here can recommend some pre-made Raw Diet. I am currently using Darwin's which is good so far.  But I wanted to know if there are other options out there.  I do see plenty options at the pet store and online.  I was just wondering if anyone has any good experience working with them.  I have seen some praise for Radcat, I also heard they are expensive.  I am aware that making the raw food yourself seems the cheapest to do, but I don't have the time or patience with that for now.

Thanks in advance,
GDzeey

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rad Cat is fantastic, it is expensive, however, it doesn't contain any fruits or veggies and uses eggshell as the calcium source (for cats that may have a hard time digesting ground bone).

Other alternatives would be Stella & Chewy's, which uses only pumpkin but relies on synthetic vitamins and minerals and Primal, which uses food based supplements but because of this has a higher percentage of fruits and veggies.

Nature's Variety is another option, they use a smaller amount of veggies / fruits than Primal and food based supplements other than taurine.

My preference is Rad Cat.

Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gdzeey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Rad Cat is fantastic, it is expensive, however, it doesn't contain any fruits or veggies and uses eggshell as the calcium source (for cats that may have a hard time digesting ground bone).

Other alternatives would be Stella & Chewy's, which uses only pumpkin but relies on synthetic vitamins and minerals and Primal, which uses food based supplements but because of this has a higher percentage of fruits and veggies.

Nature's Variety is another option, they use a smaller amount of veggies / fruits than Primal and food based supplements other than taurine.

My preference is Rad Cat.

Good luck.
Thanks LisaMarie12! Thats some good info.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed Nature's Variety Instinct frozen raw medallions as well as some raw with pre-mix. The raw with pre-mx is easy to make and takes like 15 mnutes to do. if you can measure and mix, then you can do it 
I use either Alnutrin for meat and bone or Better In The Raw, depending on what the type of chub I have in the freezer.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rad Cat is the best of the commercial raw foods that we've tried: our cats love the turkey and chicken. The company's introducing HPP processing to kill pathogens, though, and I'm wondering how our cats will react to the Rad Cat 2.0. If you decide to try Rad Cat, shop around: all the independent stores near me will order it and the prices vary wildly so it's worth asking how much a specific order would cost. I pay $12.99 for a 24-ounce tub, though another place sell it for significantly more; I don't remember the exact price. Our cats' daily Rad Cat snack keeps them happy for hours--probably partly because it's pure meat, with only supplements added--and they always eat everything, so it seems like a good value.

We feed a lot of freeze-dried Primal (pork, chicken/salmon, and turkey) and our cats love that, too. And I love that freeze-dried food is so convenient. We usually mix in or top the Primal with a little Stella & Chewy's, which I don't feed much of. Our cats don't like Nature's Variety.

I, too, have been hesitant to make food, because of the lack of time and patience, but am going to order some Food Fur Life supplement so I can try that: it can be used with raw or cooked boneless meat and sounds pretty convenient.

Good luck!