Pre Labor?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The second kitten got stuck, and she wasnt pushing, so I had to put on gloves and push around it and then pull it out. The last 3 came out like nothing :) I have a side table in my room and I put a big dog bed under there for her and covered it with a soft blanket and then covered the table with a heating blanket so she has a nice warm and private room for her and the kittens :)

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for a kitten to sleep with one eye open? One of the white kittens always has one open while shes sleeping

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't think so. You might want to get a picture of it, several, and bring it into a vet just to check. I have had cats sleep with both eyes partially open, but not just one.

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
di and bob, thank you for taking the time to reply :) I'll definitely do that.

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Should I be getting drops, or something for her eyes until I can get her into the vet? I'm slightly worried about them drying out and irritating her.
All the other kittens are doing great btw they are even learning how to use the litter box :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, a lot of people sleep with their eyes open too and aren't bothered by dry eyes. If she isn't pawing at her eyes, or blinking rapidly, she's alright. There may be a problem with her eyelid muscles. Or it truly could just be normal for her if everything else is normal. If her pupils react the same to light and are the same size, it is most likely not a eye problem but an eyelid problem. Most vets will most likely say it is strange, but normal fro her if everything else checks out normal!

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You guys are awesome :) thank you all do much