pre-labor or stage 1 labor?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

excited4dora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the ones following Dora in her pregnancy but I am signing off of this site.  I have stated nearly a dozen times that I will be getting her spayed and the kittens and I still cant seem to keep that garbage off the posts.  I simply wanted to guidance towards THIS pregnancy. I am not incompetent and refuse to stay on here and get flooded with spay spay spay...and how hypocritical the ones that are saying that they want the best for Dora and the babies and hope for healthy kittens are ALSO the ones that push getting her spayed after she is already impregnated..which is KILLING these unborn kittens  lol  hypocrites.

Im out!  :-)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry for the ones following Dora in her pregnancy but I am signing off of this site.  I have stated nearly a dozen times that I will be getting her spayed and the kittens and I still cant seem to keep that garbage off the posts.  I simply wanted to guidance towards THIS pregnancy. I am not incompetent and refuse to stay on here and get flooded with spay spay spay...and how hypocritical the ones that are saying that they want the best for Dora and the babies and hope for healthy kittens are ALSO the ones that push getting her spayed after she is already impregnated..which is KILLING these unborn kittens  lol  hypocrites.

Im out!  :-)
I'm sorry you feel this way, but you have quite a few threads going. Not every member reads every thread. If you do not state in every thread that you start that you are having her spayed, it will be brought up. Our goal here is to educate members, especially on the importance of spaying and neutering, as it is one of our rules. If you don't want to keep repeating yourself, it is best to keep most of your questions to one thread so people can follow your story. You are not the only one expecting kittens. You can not expect every single member to remember your back story. :dk:

As far as the spay/abort thing, our members and advisors have done nothing but give you advice and suggestions. Many of these members work or volunteer in shelters where spay/abort is very common. It is a very personal decision and one that is based on personal beliefs and religious views. It was suggested to you, you stated you didn't want it, which is fine. Why can't the same people who suggested it wish you well for your kittens? Do you honestly think these people want you to have difficulty? I'm sorry you think so little of our members. They have accepted your decision and have moved on to wishing a successful healthy delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:

lala3

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tjackson your right, i think we're all expecting this week or early next! All the soon to be mommys let me.know how it goes please! Id love to hear experiences!!!

tjackson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just read the threa about doras owner very sad shes leaving the site ive only been a member few days and have been following doras progress hope she comes back x think my peppa is very near she had a litter last year at 4.30am so im hoping to see some babies when i wake up in the next day or so. Think she will wait till kids in bed and its all peaceful lol.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sad to I won't know the outcome hopefully she will come on at least to let us know how many and when they are born.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're in touch via email. If she doesn't upstate herself, I will :-)
Please do not post your email on the public forum. Someone did earlier but I don't see that post now as it might have been removed. Give our your email cautiously and via PM only.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To the OP if you come back to read this. I read in another thread of one of your recent friends who are also having kittens and posting, that your Dora was going nuts seeing the other male "cats" (more than one!!!!! :() outside your house in the yard. May I ask you to be so kind to answer a few questions. Have you ever considered contacting a TNR organization in your area to help with the stray/feral cats in your neighborhood? The best thing would be to get those cats trapped and relocated safely to a barn or a managed feral cat colony. Would you be willing to do that, either trap those male cats OR contact an organization to ask for help? If you would like, we can help you find such organizations in your area to help with those stray cats in your yard.

I do hope that Dora will be alright and her kittens healthy. Such a huge responsibility, financial and other, since you will not only have Dora that needs spaying, you may have a litter of kittens needing sterilization and this will cost so much more than if Dora just had been spayed a few months back OR just kept indoors. Rearing a litter of kittens is extremely costly especially if the kittens need vet care.

If one did not want or have the means to get their cat "neutered" then please, I beg you, to keep them totally confined indoors and never, ever let them outdoors. Although, that will be very difficult because unaltered cats will by all means rush to get outside to mate (also marking constantly indoors) so you have to be very diligent about opening and closing the front or back doors until you are able to afford to get your cat/cats spayed.

Thanks for reading and I only have all cat's best interests at heart and do not mean to offend. :heart3: I always feel that the kittens that you give away from your queen are homes that are now taken away from a kitten in the local shelter that might even be on death row. There are so many and it breaks my heart to pieces.

Last edited:

richbet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
University of Pennsylvania Animal Hospital Emergency Room

they're great! ask them to tell you how to know...

Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok please check my thread I need to know asap because I'm afraid he is going to have an accident on the floor and my problam is I hate cleaning up animal accidents lol but I do it cause I love em.

crystal139

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
On the whole dora thing i have read all and there has been more than one mention spay to her as with me perhaps she like myself only needed help with the problem she was having and felt a lil to much pressure..js i am in touch with here by email and am exited to hear her litter has arived well...