Pre labor length?

Voranna8

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought my Kitty was in prelabor 5 days ago she stopped eating, was super affectionate, had started nesting; It stayed that way for a day then she went back to eating but stayed affectionate. Yesterday she was still eating but stayed in a nest I had set up and slept most of the day with brown/red discharge (picture included) coming out for a few hours starting at about 630 pm. I thought that had to be it I'm getting kittens tonight, yet woke up to nothing. After working all day and coming home and it being over 24 hours since I had noticed the discharge i thought I'd ask about and look for some reassurance or answers. Anything that helps thank you very much!! Screenshot_20200310-225047.png

GinnyWeasley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought my Kitty was in prelabor 5 days ago she stopped eating, was super affectionate, had started nesting; It stayed that way for a day then she went back to eating but stayed affectionate. Yesterday she was still eating but stayed in a nest I had set up and slept most of the day with brown/red discharge (picture included) coming out for a few hours starting at about 630 pm. I thought that had to be it I'm getting kittens tonight, yet woke up to nothing. After working all day and coming home and it being over 24 hours since I had noticed the discharge i thought I'd ask about and look for some reassurance or answers. Anything that helps thank you very much!!View attachment 326065
The mucus plug can come out up to a week before delivery. I feel like I’m in the same position tonight.
My MILs cat is now leaking and having pinkish/brownish stuff and I don’t know if it’s normal to have no labor yet with the amount coming out

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s normal to see the pink and brown discharge for a few days before actual labor. Their bodies are getting ready to go into labor.

Silentstar03

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any update? My cat is in prelabor now and I was just curious if your mama had given birth yet