Prayers wanted for my Nanny please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the prayers people - I'm sitting in here in the uk at 8:15am (I'm an early bird) and I'll just give those of you who are interested an update. I went to see my nanny as soon as I arrived at my destination (10 hours of travelling, ugh) and it's a bit of a sorry sight. She can't move, she can't speak and she's hooked up to several machines. Her heartrate is very erratic and her pneumonia is pretty awful. Her nurses have now said that her kidneys are NOT failing (backtracking on what they said 12 hours ago) and now, only a few hours after saying that this was likely the end, that they're now optimistic that she'll pull through. The nurses have been ignoring advice from doctors, who haven't been listening to the the diabectics clinic, and they've been using a ridiculously fast acting insulin on her every time her sugar levels go high. Then because of that insulin, the sugar drops off the other end of the scale, so they feed her chocolate. In short, the state that she is in, has been caused by hospital staff being idiots. Sure, she's very ill, but they could have been far more sensible about trying to make her comforatble. They've been trying to stabilise her by rocking the boat, so to speak. I fly home again tomorrow, even though to be honest I don't want to be leaving so soon. I would rather the end for my nanny, because all the staff are doing now is just causing her suffering. Personally, I'd prefer to strangle most of them simply for the "we know what we're doing" line they came out with when we visited - purely for the reason that it was blatantly obvious they didn't have a clue.

The prayers have been wonderful - and very, VERY much appreciated.
thankyou

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update. I will keep the praying for her and for you and your family. It is SO frustrating when the medical care is such a mess. Hugs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well today has been rough. My nana actually passed away about 10 minutes after I posted the update. It was only an infusion of drugs that was keeping her heart beating and therefore her, alive. I'm hurting and I feel guilty, because I will now miss her funeral, which will be on Tuesday, because I can't get back again in time. I have found comfort in knowing one thing though... before she passed she became lucid for the briefest moment... and she spoke one word: "dad" - which is what she always used to call her husband. I would like to think he came to take her home because I find it so much easier to come to terms with, believing that they are finally together again. She wanted so much to be buried with him - which she will be - holding a photograph of her beloved husband and wearing a dress that so closely matches her wedding gown. I'll miss her, but I know she's finally happy again. Thankyou all so much for your prayers. The angels have answered them and I know my nana will be smiling on you all from Heaven.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Emma, now your Nanny is at peace with her beloved husband. I will pray that you find peace as well. May God hold you in the palm of his hand. Hugs.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry. I'm glad you got to see her one last time. She is in a better place now - with her husband

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rest assured that your sweet Nanny wanted to go & she is at peace now. Thank you for sharing.
Bless you.

Lei

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Emma - I am just seeing this - I am so sorry that yuor nanny passed but at the same time glad that you got to see her before she left. I think her husband was there for her at that point and was ready to guide her. That is what I believe anyway.