Prayers/Vibes for Eddie (Sashacat421) please

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness Elizabeth!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry that I just found this thread. I've been away from the computer because of the new baby.

I started praying when I read the first post. When I got to the one saying you were ok and everything was negative I was over joyed!!!

Now I'll say a little prayer for a speedy recovery and hope you get to go home soon!!!

You take care of yourself!!!! I know Eric, Sasha, Saba and Sandy will make sure that you do!

Sending extra healing vibes your way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eddie is now home resting in bed as she continues to recover quite well!
She says Sasha has absolutely not left her side for anything since she's been home. How lovely to know she's receiving such wonderful care!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!
I'm so glad her recuperation is going along swimmingly and that she has the unwavering attention of a caring kitty

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad to know that you are home & recovering with sweet Sasha.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful! Sasha will give her all the kitty love she needs to mend fast and well!
Take care, E!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Eddie is now home resting in bed as she continues to recover quite well!
She says Sasha has absolutely not left her side for anything since she's been home. How lovely to know she's receiving such wonderful care!
I would expect nothing less from Sasha, who surely knows how special she is, with all the exquisite care she's given him when he has needed it. I am glad she is home, and doing well

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eddie, I was thinking about you all week and sending you tons of prayers and vibes.

Thank goodness everything was benign, and you are now recovering from your surgery!!!!!
Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you EVERYONE so very much from the bottom of my heart. I was very surprised by how many people wished me well and prayed along with me and my family. I can honestly tell you, when the surgeon came in at that last minute before putting me under, he asked, "Well, are you ready?" and I said, "Yes, I am. I've got about 8,000 cat people waiting on this one." Everybody in the OR just cracked up. When I woke up and saw Eric's beautiful face smiling and I could hear him say "no cancer found, it's all begnin sweetie", I just was floating - even more than I was.

So now when people ask me, I tell them that my pretty puppy girl got her spay last week, and this week mama got half a spay.

It took about 40 minutes to type this. Eric brought the laptop up to bed so I could say thank you because I wanted to so badly.

One last thing I must tell: When I came home last night, Eric got me settled in bed and Sasha was watching me take the stairs (about 20 minutes just for that). After everybody had left and I was alone, Sasha jumped up on the bed. He came over and just looked down at me. Then he pawed my tummy twice, and again! I told him I loved him and missed him so much and could he please sit with me. He walked around to the other side of me and snuggled in as close to my abdomen as possible, almost draping himself on me. And there he stayed all night, refusing to leave my side. Eric got their dinners ready and he could hear the flip top of the cans, which will bring him from down the street if needed, but he would not budge. Eric said that he was able to smell the operation, and that he thinks I'm wounded, so he won't leave my side. He is still here, right now as I write.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eddie,

You two just have the most incredible bond...doesn't surprise me that he'd care for you as carefully, thoughtfully, selflessly and tenderly, as you take care of him.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

and I could hear him say "no cancer found, it's all begnin sweetie"
this brings tears to my eyes E, I am so very very pleased to hear this.

Eric said that he was able to smell the operation, and that he thinks I'm wounded, so he won't leave my side. He is still here, right now as I write.
I have no doubt. You nursed Sasha back to health once, and so he wants to repay the favour. Bless him

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Elizabeth, it's such relieving news to hear that the tumor was benign,
and so sweet of Sasha to stay by your side when you got back home.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Thank you EVERYONE so very much from the bottom of my heart. I was very surprised by how many people wished me well and prayed along with me and my family. I can honestly tell you, when the surgeon came in at that last minute before putting me under, he asked, "Well, are you ready?" and I said, "Yes, I am. I've got about 8,000 cat people waiting on this one." Everybody in the OR just cracked up. When I woke up and saw Eric's beautiful face smiling and I could hear him say "no cancer found, it's all begnin sweetie", I just was floating - even more than I was.

So now when people ask me, I tell them that my pretty puppy girl got her spay last week, and this week mama got half a spay.

It took about 40 minutes to type this. Eric brought the laptop up to bed so I could say thank you because I wanted to so badly.

One last thing I must tell: When I came home last night, Eric got me settled in bed and Sasha was watching me take the stairs (about 20 minutes just for that). After everybody had left and I was alone, Sasha jumped up on the bed. He came over and just looked down at me. Then he pawed my tummy twice, and again! I told him I loved him and missed him so much and could he please sit with me. He walked around to the other side of me and snuggled in as close to my abdomen as possible, almost draping himself on me. And there he stayed all night, refusing to leave my side. Eric got their dinners ready and he could hear the flip top of the cans, which will bring him from down the street if needed, but he would not budge. Eric said that he was able to smell the operation, and that he thinks I'm wounded, so he won't leave my side. He is still here, right now as I write.
Eddie, that doesn't surprise me in the least. After I had my hysterectomy in 2002, Jamie very carefully snuggled with his back to my abdomen whenever I was in bed or on the couch. That went on for about 6 weeks. Also, for the first two weeks after I was released from the hospital, he didn't demand his walks outside, or to be carried. He simply "knew" there was something wrong.
I was originally supposed to have a "buttonhole" operation (endoscope), but once the surgeon got inside, he realized that wasn't going to work, and just did biopsies. That was a Friday. On Monday, I got the full "hip to hip incision". I was told that I'd be "back to new" in about six weeks by the doctors. Other women who'd had hysterectomies told me it would be months, but I believed the doctors, because I was up and about two hours after the surgery (I'm not a good patient). Well, it took about six months for me to really stop feeling the effects of the operation when I had to walk more than a few blocks, or pick up anything heavy. Don't overdo anything! I'm so glad everything has turned out well for you!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat said it best, E...
You two just have the most incredible bond...doesn't surprise me that he'd care for you as carefully, thoughtfully, selflessly and tenderly, as you take care of him.
Take good care, and listen to your kitty
Praying for a speedy recovery.