Prayers Needed

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barb - just knowing that you care and love him, will help Roy the most of anything. It is difficut for people to love someone, to watch them suffer so. You continue in my prayers.
Deb

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Meme, I just found this thread... How is Roy doing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
G

ghostuser

Thanks Everyone for the prayers!!!!

Here is the update I got about an hour ago in an email from my Sister. Will just copy and paste the email here as it has been a long day and I need to get some sleep.

Roy is not doing well, not sure what is going on. We got there at 8:45 and Irene was just getting ready to leave, thinking Roy was just sleeping. We couldn't awaken him. Got the nurse, kept talking to him and he would shake his head as if he could hear us but wouldn't talk or open his eyes. The blood they had ordered this am had just gotten to hospital as due to the fact he is developing antibodies it had to be gotten from Arizona. Nurse hung blood, all vital signs ok. The doctor came and checked him by that time he was a little more responsive, took a couple sips of water. Still won't/cant open eyes or talk but nods that he hears us. Not sure what is happening. Doctor thought he looked jaundiced. Is ordering lab work to assess the situation. Said it could be spleen, liver involvement. Would know more by am. He did respond to painful stimuli..move his foot, etc.
Irene is staying the night, we will grab a couple hours sleep and see what is happening in the morning. The doctor said to let family know he is not doing well.

Thanks to all the wonderful people on here for caring and saying prayers. I have told him about all the nice cat loving people here. He has a cat of his own that we will have to find a home for...sigh.
Actually it was my Mom's cat but Roy has been caring for it since Mom died in June. Well have to get some sleep....grin

Merry Christmas to All.... Hugs!!!!