Prayers for the Southeastern US today please

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by malynn

I live in that part of Alabama. Enterprise is only about 15 miles from where I live now, we moved back home to Alabama from Ga. last year.
When we moved here, we had a choice of two schools for my daughter to attend, Enterprise or the one where she goes now closer to Dothan. If we had moved there she would have been there today. My nieces husband teaches there also and they live in Enterprise. He is fine, but very upset about what has happened there today. One of my husbands coworkers home was heavily damaged also. While at work today my husband saw 3 tornados pass through from Enterprise to Ft Rucker, where he works. We live in a farm community here and there is a big red barn across the road from us that collapsed. I left home about 12:45 to pick up my daughter from school, they let out at 1 and when we came home the barn was down. Its been a scary day! Its still very windy outside but hopefully the worst is over.
I am glad that you and your family are all safe.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I'm good here, in central NC. Just a warning, we're getting some rain. Flood watch, but that won't bother us, we're uphill. 1-2" of rain, winds 15-25mph.

Piece of cake.
Same here, though I'm not sure we're under a flood watch. Not really very windy here.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Miller's Ferry (66 miles west of Montgomery) and Enterprise, Al in SE Alabama were where the tornados hit and the 13 people died. So they should be okay, Nikki
. We had a couple of warnings but the rotation on the radar died out just before it got here- whew!

I don't think they were expecting the really bad stuff to the south that early in the day, so they probably kept the kids in school so there weren't a bunch of teenagers driving around in the storms. The pics of the school that were on the news tonight were shocking. Trees twisted off at the base or just above it, rows of them gone, cars flipped over and around the parking lot, the buildings looked like a bomb went off. Please pray for the families who lost loved ones and homes today. Apparently, there was damage to homes across the state, but of course they haven't really said anything yet on the news.
Thankyou for the update Andee
My heart and prayers go out to all of those families who lost loved ones.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we now have a tornado watch til 5am that extends to within 2 miles of us!
And the power just flickered off.... nothing much here though, a little wind about 9 mph and light rain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by malynn

I live in that part of Alabama. Enterprise is only about 15 miles from where I live now, we moved back home to Alabama from Ga. last year.
When we moved here, we had a choice of two schools for my daughter to attend, Enterprise or the one where she goes now closer to Dothan. If we had moved there she would have been there today. My nieces husband teaches there also and they live in Enterprise. He is fine, but very upset about what has happened there today. One of my husbands coworkers home was heavily damaged also. While at work today my husband saw 3 tornados pass through from Enterprise to Ft Rucker, where he works. We live in a farm community here and there is a big red barn across the road from us that collapsed. I left home about 12:45 to pick up my daughter from school, they let out at 1 and when we came home the barn was down. Its been a scary day! Its still very windy outside but hopefully the worst is over.
How terrifying! I'm glad you all are okay! We had a tornado last year that went through the neighborhood next to ours and tore up several houses and businesses in the center of town! It's a little mind blowing to see what a tornado can do, and realizing how close you came... Hang in there

Oh, btw, nice to meet someone else from Alabama the Beautiful! I was wondering if it was just me and Pam on here...

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nita, we are doing pretty good so far.We're getting HAMMERED with rain though.I hope it doesn't flood.
Stay safe everyone!!!

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any word about TCS members?
I saw on the news that a tornado destroyed a town. I hope everyone is okay. I knoe it killed 5 but any word on any of the people here? Plaese check in as soon as you can and let us know you are all okay.

Sending prayers and vibes

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just checking in, this news has now made the UK morning TV news channels, lots of photos and some interviews with local reporters and some of the people that have been hit

Hopefully its all finished now - time for all the clearing up

My thoughts go out to all those families who have lost a loved one or have a wrecked home

Hope all our members are well & safe

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well we've been blessed here. We got heavy rain through the night but my neighbhorhood looks ok. I know a few roads that like to flood a bit to avoid on my way to work. I do live right by a lake but it would have to rise quite a bit to flood.

Right now the rain is almost over but the wind is expected to continue. At the moment it's from the southwest at 25mph, gusting to 45mph. Makes for a loud night, which along with the rain has given me a good headache. Excedrin will help soon as I get some food in me! The wind like this is fun at work...makes the ceiling tiles 'dance' in my co-worker's office! We keep telling her someday she's gonna end up in Oz!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has turned pretty cold here this morning, it is 44 here this morning, and yesterday at this time it was about 69.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm here!!!! Lotsa lotsa rain and wind, but no damage. Power outages around town here, but not for us. Sounds like NC might have escaped the worst of it....

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning. We had a rough night last night. There were several tornados that touched down close to my home. They just finished building a bank and a holiday in and those were very damaged. No roofs are left. There was an Ekerd drug store that was hit by a tornado and a is pretty much flattened. Luckily no one was injured at the store. Thank you all for keeping us in the danger zone in your prayers. It worked!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear of everyone's safety. Watching the news and seeing the pictures of the devistation involved was quite sad. My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the families affected by these storms. Everyone, stay safe and warm today.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I was worried about ya, Brandi!!! I know where you are there was getting POUNDED. Glad you are safe!
You weren't getting rid of me that easy!
No really it was a pretty scary night. Nothing I want to again any time soon. After about 10 we went to bed and another bit passed through I could hear the wind whipping off the corner of the house. All I could do was keep listening for the train sound. Thats what everyone say it sounds like! (Think I am paranoid much?)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brandi Im so glad you weathered the storm. I thought about you all night, too! Neet Im glad you weathered the storm too, that everyone did.

Andee, there is a long standing member, the name escapes me right now, but shes in (I think) Fairfield.