Prayers for Penelope

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katie=^..^=

Dear Colleen,

I am praying for your adorable little kitty and for you.
Katie, thank you for your prayers!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisalee

I'm so glad to hear Penelope got thru the procedure and I'm sure she's sooo happy to be home!
I hope her test results come back good too, keeping her in my thoughts.
Thank you, Lisa!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad her condition is treatable and I know you're relieved. Knowledge is power, right? But in this case knowledge is also relief. Hope you and she can work out a system for her treatment that you both can live with.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

oh Colleen I am so sorry that I missed all this - how did I miss this?

I am however so pleased to hear that she came through the procedure well and I will be sending healthy vibes your way for great results
Danielle,

What? You mean you don't read every single one of my posts?

Don't worry. Penelope is fine and I think I made a much bigger deal of the procedure than I needed to. I was just scared because she was under general anesthesia and they were intubating her (which I have always feared anyone doing to me -- they do it all the time on "emergency room" shows and it makes me shudder).

Anyway, everyone's healthy vibes and prayers helped and I'm hoping Penelope will be on her way to recovery with the medication she's taking now! Thank you so much for your thoughts! You are a sweetheart!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Colleen so pleased that Pemelope got through it ok! and fingers crossed for good results on thursday!
Thank you, Susan!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Colleen thats brilliant news!!!
I'm so pleased it's not the worst!.

You and Tanya(Squirtle) should have a chat because her Dori just been told she has asthma also so you could both give each other support?!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

It's Feline Asthma! The good news about this is that asthma is treatable and Penelope won't die. Phew!
The bad news is that Penelope will have to take medication every day for the rest of her life and it's pretty expensive (about $100 a month), but, honestly, it seems a small price to pay to keep my little girl happy and healthy: I'm just so relieved we have a diagnosis and that I can do something about her coughing/wheezing attacks.
(good tears)

I went to the vet today to pick up Penelope's new Feline Nebulizer (called Aerokat). Here's a picture of it: http://www.aerokat.com/overview.htm
Then I had to go to the human pharmacy to get the prescription for Flovent filled. The pharmacist was very surprised to be filling a prescription for a cat and wondered how I was going to administer it!

I tried to administer a dose of the Flovent when I got back and Penelope was not too cooperative but I think she got a few huffs of the medication. I think we both need practice using the Aerokat!

Anyway, thank you all SOOOOO MUCH for your support. It really helped me through a very difficult time. You all are the best!
My Ophelia has an Aerokat..they are super! Penelope and you will get used to useing it

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

We're all rooting for you that it will all turn out OK!
Jenny, you are so kind to lend your support. I know you've been through so much with Persil and my situation hardly compares with yours. Anyway, we were both fortunate to have good outcomes to these scenarios! I'm so happy Persil is recovering!

(BTW, Penelope says hello to her cousin, Ellie!
)

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emma's Friend

So glad her condition is treatable and I know you're relieved. Knowledge is power, right? But in this case knowledge is also relief.
Well put, Amie!!!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Colleen thats brilliant news!!!
I'm so pleased it's not the worst!.

You and Tanya(Squirtle) should have a chat because her Dori just been told she has asthma also so you could both give each other support?!
Awww... thank you, Susan!
Also, thank you for letting me know about Tanya and Dori. I guess I've been so self-absorbed with Penelope's problem that I haven't been good at keeping up with everyone elses! I'll definitely be in touch with her so we can share notes. Isn't this forum the best?!!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat & Alix,

Does Ophelia has asthma? How long has she used the Aerokat? Yes, I'm sure I'll get Penelope used to it. It just may take some time and some good bribes.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

I'm so glad that the problem is solved and Penelope will be fine! I'm sure you and her will figure out how to administer the meds in a while no problem.
Thank you, Ari! How is Max doing, BTW? Didn't he have a cold? I need to go look at his thread to see what's going on. Sorry I've been so self-absorbed with P. lately!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Awww... thank you, Susan!
Also, thank you for letting me know about Tanya and Dori. I guess I've been so self-absorbed with Penelope's problem that I haven't been good at keeping up with everyone elses! I'll definitely be in touch with her so we can share notes. Isn't this forum the best?!!
I've pm'd her as well to get in touch with you!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed you original post. I have learned that cats can get a wide range of diseases and all the diagnoses available and the treatments. I'm glad that you found the answer. I hope everything all works out!!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I missed you original post. I have learned that cats can get a wide range of diseases and all the diagnoses available and the treatments. I'm glad that you found the answer. I hope everything all works out!!
Thank you, Gail!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear it is asthma which is treatable, now maybe the two of you can relax a bit. I am sure that you will soon get used to giving Penelope her treatments and that she will get used to taking them. I am sure that the bribes will help too, ;-) .

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's great to hear the good news about Penelope! You did the right thing putting your attention on your baby and shutting some other things.

Be assured with the Aerokat and use a lot of treats for bribes. As soon as Penelope realizes it helps you she'll get more cooperative.