Prayers for my best friend and family, please..

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found out today My best friend of 13 years, we met in the 6th grade and have

been best friends ever since.

I just called her

to see if she wanted to hang out today or something

and she told me her dad passed away on Saturday.

He was really sick for awhile. She asked me to

go to the funeral, which I will because she needs me

to be there.

I know she has a huge family to comfort

her, but I want to be there for her as well and I will be.

What's sad is my best friends daughter's (Trinity) 4th birthday is on Sunday.
She always has 2 other girls. Gabrielle is 2 and Lily is 7 months.

Please pray for my friend and her family. My best friends mom

who I consider my godmother is pretty shaken up, too I am sure.

they were married for a long time, but I am not sure how long.

I knew my best friends dad since I was 12.

I just feel so bad for them all.

He was such a nice man, so full of life and he was so friendly!

I am not sure when the funeral is, but she wants me to go so I will. It's the least I could do for her and her family is be there for them then and whenever they need me to.. she also has a younger brother and an older sister.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much everyone.
I picked up a few sympathy cards today. I don't want to give them too soon though. Probably at the funeral but I really don't know how it works.. I am sure you give them at the funeral? Either way, they'll get them. One is for my friend and one is for the family from my parents since they knew him, too.

I really hope my friend is doing okay, probably not but she has such a huge family who can comfort her until I can be there for her when she needs me. She said she would call in a few days or whenever the funeral is. We hang out every week, this was such a shock to me but I knew he was very ill.

It's at times like these you know how strong your friendship is with someone for them wanting you to be there for them. I mean you would hope your friends would be there, but sometimes others are not because they don't know how to comfort their friend. I think just me being there will help her and her family with this. It's the very least I could do for them, you know?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My praryers and thoughts are with your friend and her family....and you. It's wonderful that she has a friend like you to be there for her. The days before a funeral are always crazy for the family so you probably won't hear that much from her right now, but just knowing you are there for her is probably a huge comfort for her.

The card are such a sweet idea. Usually, if there is a viewing, there is a place near the sign in book where you can put cards. If they don't have one, or you don't attend, you can always give them to her after the funeral.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry... no one should lose a loved one so young. My heart goes out to your friend and her family.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Please pray for my friend and her family. My best friends mom

who I consider my godmother is pretty shaken up, too I am sure.

they were married for a long time, but I am not sure how long.

I knew my best friends dad since I was 12.
Your friend and her family are definately in my thoughts. May her pain be comforted by knowing he is in no pain, and in a better place.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You are in my prayers.

Losing a loved one is hard. Just be there for your friend. Remeber we are all here if you need to talk.

howard

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear.

My condolences to your Best Friend's Family, and also to you.