Prayers for mom/kittens

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go Frankie - keep fighting. I wanted to thank you, Eileen - I "forgot" about St. Francis. I hadn't thought of praying for our little kitties to him, don't know why. But that's my plan now. Hugs, Kim.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just got the news that Frankie made it through the night. He's still weak, but stable, and had a good size BM. His foster mom thinks this is a good sign. I hope this little guy makes it. It's going to be just devastating to his foster mom if he doesn't. Thanks for the continued prayers!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, our little guy hit the two week mark on Tuesday and is still hanging on and still in need of prayers. His full name is now Carson Francis (big name for such a little guy). He's continuing to amaze his foster moms and our vet with his will to live. Unfortunately, he's now developed aspiration pneumonia and there's real concern about damage to his lungs. The good news is that he's actually gained a little weight and continues to have good appetite. His mama, Mia, is growing stronger everyday and should be well enough to be spayed in few weeks. Will keep everyone posted.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for keeping us posted. I loved reading your post this morning. It made me smile to know that Frankie is doing well.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Little Carson Francis, who has touched so many hearts, will be in my prayers.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 6 yr old bottle baby had the aspiration problem, too. Twice I took her to the vet for tiny lasik (for fluid on the lungs- they gave her a needleful-just the metal part-they had to do that to get her the tiniest amount possible) and antibiotic shots, and she is a healthy little horse now
. I will pray for your baby cat.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted update everyone on Mia. Even though we couldn't save her kittens
Mia is now healthy. She was spayed last week and will be returned to her site tomorrow where she'll be safe and well cared for. Thanks to all for your prayers and support for Mia and her kittens. This was the first litter Millie has lost and it very emotional for everyone involved. But, thanks to little Frankie and his siblings, there were many connections made and lessons learned that will enable to provide even better care to newborn kittens in the future. Thanks again.

newfostermom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Just wanted update everyone on Mia. Even though we couldn't save her kittens
Mia is now healthy. She was spayed last week and will be returned to her site tomorrow where she'll be safe and well cared for. Thanks to all for your prayers and support for Mia and her kittens. This was the first litter Millie has lost and it very emotional for everyone involved. But, thanks to little Frankie and his siblings, there were many connections made and lessons learned that will enable to provide even better care to newborn kittens in the future. Thanks again.
Did Frankie make it? I hope so.....I read about this for the first time today....so sad..... I have a pregnant momma with a uri.......pretty scared....
Please leet me know how Frankie did.....thanks!.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by newfostermom

Did Frankie make it? I hope so.....I read about this for the first time today....so sad..... I have a pregnant momma with a uri.......pretty scared....
Please leet me know how Frankie did.....thanks!.
No, sadly we lost Frankie when he was 17 days old:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...hlight=Frankie

I'm sorry to hear about your pregnant momma.
Is she being monitored by a vet? That could make all the difference. The problem we ran into with Mia is that she was trapped just a few days before her kittens were born. There just wasn't time to get her stabilized and between the uterine infection (which we didn't know about at first) pneumonia and a very difficult labor, she was too weak to care for her kittens.

Please don't be scared. I'll be praying for you and your sweet kitty.

newfostermom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I.m so sorry..what a loss......
Yes, she is being followed by my vet..due any day...the shelter wanted to abort her kittens but I talked them into letting me take her..that was three weeks ago.... they didnt even know she was sick. Her temp was 105.6 almost two weeks ago. Shes improving..but still sneezing alot and sniffling.
I'm concerned her kittens will get this....the vet says at's a toss uo whether to leave the kittens with momma or not....she may have antibodies to this which she can pass to them. My own cats now have a cold but havent been nearly as sick as Patches.......Was Mia running a temp? I'm glad she's better...thanks for letting me know about Frankie.....

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Skittles had URI she had a temp and she was 2 weeks in to the preg... at 6 1/2 weeks she was 100% better... Vet said the kittens should be ok

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad that mum is now healthy, such a shame about the poor kits. I am glad you have made some good connections though, it means that they didn't die in vain.