Prayers for Mattie (our Boxer) at the cardiologist tomorrow, please...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Thanks Nikki- she did give her a new med, let's see...Benajopnil? Benajopril? Hmmm...can't read the writing...20 mg. I think there are certain meds they can and can't use with her heart condition, but thanks for the suggestion- I'll ask when I talk to them
. She's already on atenolol and Soloxine. My word- between me (at least 8 different meds a day), Mattie (now 3 different meds a day) and Bird (thyroid med), we are a (legal!) pill popping family
And none of them are the good stuff even-lol Good grief!
bless their hearts!!
at the shelter we use the prednisone /doxycycline combination when we during a dogs heartworm treatment. the pred. helps the coughing/inflamation and the doxycycline helps ward off infections while they're weak. Since your pup can not be treated for heartworms right now- those meds might help manage some of her symptoms without hurting her heart
hopefully your vet can tell you for sure though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to mention
- the cardiologist said that the heartworms should be long gone by now, so, fortunately or unfortunately, they aren't the problem...warding off congestive heart failure as long as possible is what we are aiming for now...then we will add lasitx...and I googled it- the new med is Benazepril

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor girl! I am sorry you got bad news, but she is loved and that will make all the difference!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Andee Im sorry to read this. Shes such a beautiful girl and that pic is just precious. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I love boxers! When I was growing up, we had a little sweetie boxer girl named Dutches and I have LOVED them since I had her. They are such gentle dogs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much
. At least she doesn't have a clue- she's just as happy as ever