Prayers for Jacob

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Precious Jacob is so loved my his family.

I hope that the cart give him some mobility.
Of course my prayers will continue for their darling boy.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry I missed this (the first post was on our anniversary and I wasn't reading/posting that day). I grew up with mini-doxie's around, and really loved them...I am sorry to hear the paralysis is permanent.

But...the carts are amazing (I know of one company) and his spirit sounds up and wonderful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks again folks for your good wishes and kind words. Yes, for sure Jacob is in a family of overwhelming love and kindness. He is pampered and spoiled completely (which is as it should be
). They have a multi-level house and so he gets carried around like the sweet baby he is. My SIL has been off work for a couple of months with a bad shoulder problem. She is a geriatric nurse so she's very able to care for Jacob, i.e., catheter, etc. She said she can't imagine leaving Jacob alone so if push comes to shove she will quit her job to be with him full time. How wonderful is that!

Yes, Jacob will have a good and loving life with these folks even if it's on two legs and two wheels.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just saw this thread. Bless your borther-in-law and sister-in-law for taking care of Jacob.
I hope he hs a long and happy life.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The care this little guy is receiving is just wonderful! Bless them both for being such caring people and looking after him so well.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I talked to my SIL tonight - Jacob is improving. He had a 15 minute hydrotherapy today and all four of his legs moved without missing a beat.
He has the catheter out and is peeing on his own and will pee on demand when they take him outside. He still doesn't have control over his bowels and can be sleeping and have an accident. My SIL bought him doggie pants but they didn't fit quite right (Jacob is rather well-endowed for a little weiner dog
) so she uses a sanitary napkin to supplement the doggie pants and velcro's it on him. He can bear his weight on his back legs but sometimes falls over. He also still has some leaking of urine but overall he is coming along. Even the vet is amazed at how well he is doing.

They had a cart made for him but my BIL says it is too heavy for wee Jacob. These 2 people have gone above and beyond for this special little dog.

I suggested she might want to try the largest cat stud pants for him (I don't know if they would be any bigger but hey why not check it out).

He did get a UTI and is on Clavamox for that.

I swear the love, prayers and healing vibes from all you wonderful folks have been instrumental in Jacob's continuing recovery. Thank you all, each and every blessed one of you. You are what makes TCS so great!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm just seeing this about Sweet Jacob!! I will remember this sweet boy in my prayers...He might surprise everybody, the kind of love they are showing him can go a long way!!!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacob sounds like such a little trooper! I too love the dachsies. They are darling. Here's a Christmas wish for you, Jacob, and his family...let him keep making that journey back to good health, and may he have a long life to share with all who love him!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Update - Jacob is gradually regaining the use of his back legs and is having fewer "accidents". Between my BIL and SIL's dedication to this handsome little guy and his strong determination, we feel very hopeful that he will be good as new soon. When the vet did the operation on his spine he was hoping for this kind of miracle. I have no doubt that the prayers and healing vibes from TCS folks like you all have helped enormously.

Thank you all again and again.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is amazing what love can do.

Way to go Jacob.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK - saw Jacob yesterday at the family Christmas. His back end is pretty weak and he wobbles when he manages to get his little legs upright. Sometimes he just sort of drags them a bit then regains his footing. I spent a good deal of the day just loving on him and holding him. I'm happy and proud to say that I'm one of his few favourite humans and he gets very excited when he sees me. My SIL and BIL put diapers on him with a baby's nightshirt (the one attached to the bottoms with snaps) - Size 18 months.
I told hubby he should have taken a picture of Jacob in his outfit so I could post it for you. I'm going to ask if anyone else took one and if so, I'll post for all of you. He is such a special little fellow. Someone is doing a research paper on him because he has come so far and was not expected to and is a special case.

Thank you all again for your prayers and healing vibes - I swear they work!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful news Linda
he sounds like such a brave little guy
Sending many prayers that he continues to improve.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the first time I have seen this thread, I am so glad to hear that Jacob appears to be doing so well.

Your SIL and BIL will have a place in Heaven for what they are doing for this little dog.

Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just caught this thread, and while I'm saddened to hear that this little doggy has had to go through such pain and discomfort, I'm very very heartened to know that his parents are loving and caring for him to the best of their ability. Way to go! Do visit him often, I'm sure your visits go a looong way in perking his fighting spirit up =)

Jacob, you are a very special lil boy... My thoughts are with you! May you continue to recover and grow strong!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

I just caught this thread, and while I'm saddened to hear that this little doggy has had to go through such pain and discomfort, I'm very very heartened to know that his parents are loving and caring for him to the best of their ability. Way to go! Do visit him often, I'm sure your visits go a looong way in perking his fighting spirit up =)

Jacob, you are a very special lil boy... My thoughts are with you! May you continue to recover and grow strong!
Thank you for your support and good thoughts. Whether Jacob fully recovers or not, he will spend the rest of his life with so much love and caring. If he needs to be carried around he will be carried because my BIL and SIL love him like they would a child. He really is a special little fellow with a wonderful strong spirit.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jacob

What a loving family this sweet boy has.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our Jacob is still hanging in there. He goes for acupuncture therapy 3 times per week and has some use of his back legs. He sort of walks/drags his little feet. SIL seems to think the acupuncture is helping and asked me to give her my honest opinion this weekend when we see them. I'll be looking forward to seeing the sweet little guy.