Prayers and vibes for my Grandma please?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great, Heidi! She'll show 'em.
Continuing the .
to you -- the waiting and staying positive is tough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Y'all this is like a Christmas miracle!

Less than a week ago, the doctors were telling the family that they need to prepare to say goodbye. Now she's sitting up! Got this update today:

Good news!!! Things continue to get better. Today Thelma wanted to set so they let her sit on the side of the bed for a little while. Then she wanted to sit in a chair. Ruthann said she was in the chair for about an hour. Things are not all back to normal but things are very positive and getting better by the day.

I'm tearing up just thinking how many prayers and good thoughts are winging on their way to help her recover. It's like the best Christmas present ever!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am just seeing this thread - it really sounds like great news - TCS vibes come through once again!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Less than a week ago, the doctors were telling the family that they need to prepare to say goodbye. Now she's sitting up! Got this update today:

Good news!!! Things continue to get better. Today Thelma wanted to set so they let her sit on the side of the bed for a little while. Then she wanted to sit in a chair. Ruthann said she was in the chair for about an hour. Things are not all back to normal but things are very positive and getting better by the day.

I'm tearing up just thinking how many prayers and good thoughts are winging on their way to help her recover. It's like the best Christmas present ever!!
I couldn't be happier for you, your grandma and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm keeping up the vibes!

Laurie

marysmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm new to the board, so I just read this whole thread today. I'm so glad that your grandma is improving. Grandma's are very very special people. I still miss mine, even though she's been gone 21 years now.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

This is wonderful news Heidi.

There is no one quite like a loving Grandma.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw this -- I'm so glad your grandma's doing better! I hope you're able to visit with her and give her the keepsakes you talked about. All good wishes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, thanks for asking and keeping her in your thoughts and prayers!

The treatment for the infection finished tomorrow, so big
that it doesn't return. The doctors said they have never heard of a 90 year old surviving this type of infection, so they are amazed with her recovery.

Right now, there are still a lot of unanswered questions. We don't know how much further she will recover, and how much assistance she will need. There are big decisions that will need to be made - whether to keep her in the hospital, move her home to the Assisted Living with Grandpa with the aid of a home nurse, or move her to a nursing home where she would have more intensive care available. And really, all of it depends on how she does after this treatment ends tomorrow.

Kim, she lives in Georgia, and my two aunts live in the same area. Right now, we're depending on my two aunts for updates (one will call, the other emails). I don't think that Grandpa knows how to work the email - I've only ever gotten messages from Grandma!