Prayer Request

howtoholdacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about your grandmother. My grandmother also had colon cancer. I know how difficult it can be to watch them be sick. Consider your grandmother, your family and yourself in my prayers.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Moonlights mom, I will be saying extra prayers that your grandma is able to celebrate such a momentus occasion with friends and family close around her. My mother passed away in June 2005, at age 57, from colon cancer. The progression of her disease is eerily similar to what your grandma is going thru, minus the diabetes. Her husband passed away suddenly in Aug 04, and I firmly believe that she gave up the fight thereafter.

She did, however, stay around long enough to do three or four things she wanted to do: she held on until I was able to move home & be with her, she waited until my aunt, her sister, came across the US for a visit, and she made it to her dear co-worker's baby shower after the baby came. Once she had accomplished these things on her "to-do list", she passed peacefully a few days later. If your grandma is half as stubborn as my mother was, she WILL celebrate her anniversary with the love of her life.

I pray for comfort for your family too, as this is a very difficult time for you all.