Pray for my Grandma.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
Glad she's home GA but oh I feel sorry for you, I hope she realises how much you are doing for her?

No offence or anything
Thanks Sam. Hey welcome back from your trip. I wont know what she realizes I'm doing untill she's healthy again. To her, since she can't do anything I know it will never be enough what I'm doing even though she says anything is enough.

It's Ok Sam. Remember I always know what you mean. We've had alot of bad times and I've been through ****, but I'm just not capabable of not caring, freaking out, or wanting to help. I'd be nice to Satan...well maybe. Point is I don't want her to die, and definately not because I didnt care about her and help her. If I didnt care I wouldnt be worried at all about all that's happening. I just hope noone else has to go through this. Whether or not they have a good relationship with the person it hurts and sucks.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom had a tough time with her recovery as well. Just keep pushing her, at least if she is mad she isn't giving up!

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by adymarie
My mom had a tough time with her recovery as well. Just keep pushing her, at least if she is mad she isn't giving up!
Grandma's main complaint is she cant use the bathroom...did your mom have that problem? Oh I'm pushing her to try to fight this. She is just being stubborn. I cant get her to eat much and she refuses to dring anything other than diet coke. Is your mom 100% back to where she was before this? I worry that she will never be the same...mainly cause she wont eat healthy or take better care of herself.

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Gothic_Amethyst I'm sorry I'm late in this, I haven't read all the posts... so your grama came through the surgury ok? I think it's neat how she only wants to drink coke(not nutritional wise, but personality wise). You mentioned her not being able to use the bathroom...do you mean she can't physically get to the bathroom or she can use the muscles to push the pee out?

(sorry it's what I do for a living)

If she can't get up, what about using a bedpan? They're cheap enough... as for the latter... I would see a doctor and maybe an indwelling catheter is in order.

She seems like a nice person with lots of personality, give her time, and keep encouraging her to do things for herself. You have no idea how much good you are doing her.

Does she have hobbies she likes to do?

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Tamme
Hi Gothic_Amethyst I'm sorry I'm late in this.
You mentioned her not being able to use the bathroom...do you mean she can't physically get to the bathroom or she can use the muscles to push the pee out?

If she can't get up, what about using a bedpan? They're cheap enough... as for the latter... I would see a doctor and maybe an indwelling catheter is in order.

Does she have hobbies she likes to do?
It's Ok.
She is in pain and has tried taking Milk of Magnesia and still cant go.

She can get up, but as stubborn as she is she'd never use a bed pan even if she couldnt.

She doesnt seem interested in anything. Usually she lays around and reads or watches TV. She's not been interested in either lately...

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry I am late reading this thread! I am glad your grandma is home! I will send up prayers that she is feeling better and back to her old self in no time! *hugs*

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
GA, I'm so sorry I'm reading this so late. I'm glad that your Grandma is home and complaining, to me that means that she hasn't given up fighting.

If it's painful for her to go #2 (just guessing) then ask the Dr. if there is a mild laxative. Also when she's on the toilet have her place a pillow near her tummy, trust me it does relieve the pain.

I didn't realize it when I was only 18 yrs. old but the idiot surgeon removed my Uterus and 1 of my Ovaries without my permission. The only permission he had was to remove a Cyst on my Ovary, not anything else.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Debby
I'm so sorry I am late reading this thread! I am glad your grandma is home! I will send up prayers that she is feeling better and back to her old self in no time! *hugs*
It's Ok. I'm glad too even though it's alot of work. Thanks for the prayers. We need them. *hugs*(that's needed too).

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by SkyKitty
GA, I'm so sorry I'm reading this so late. I'm glad that your Grandma is home and complaining, to me that means that she hasn't given up fighting.

If it's painful for her to go #2 (just guessing) then ask the Dr. if there is a mild laxative. Also when she's on the toilet have her place a pillow near her tummy, trust me it does relieve the pain.

I didn't realize it when I was only 18 yrs. old but the idiot surgeon removed my Uterus and 1 of my Ovaries without my permission. The only permission he had was to remove a Cyst on my Ovary, not anything else.
It's Ok. She hasnt given up, but she wants too.

It is...and they said milk of magnesia, but that stuff hasnt helped much. Pillow? Under her stomach?

Sorry about what happened. Did you ever take him to court? I would've in that situation.
People wonder why I'm terrified of docs!!

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
Thanks GA

Your grandma is SOOOOO lucky to have you!

*hugs*
Your welcome

I hope she feels lucky and I'm not staying home for nothing. I reaaaallly need to be working. I just hope I'm doing all her chores correctly.

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Gothic_Amethyst
It's Ok. She hasnt given up, but she wants too.

It is...and they said milk of magnesia, but that stuff hasnt helped much. Pillow? Under her stomach?

Sorry about what happened. Did you ever take him to court? I would've in that situation.
People wonder why I'm terrified of docs!!
Try a milder laxative then that one. Yes a pillow....place the pillow basically when she's in a sitting position so that the pillow will lie on the top of her legs and she can hold it against her stomach. This procedure also works great if she wants to cough because coughing hurts like the hell with stitches in that area!

By the time I was old enough to understand what had happened to me I did go looking for him. Unfortunately, the bugger took off and hasn't been heard from since! Even the hospital where he was employed can't find him, my guess is that his patients started sueing the hospital when they couldn't find him. But unfortunately it's too late for me.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by SkyKitty
Try a milder laxative then that one. Yes a pillow....place the pillow basically when she's in a sitting position so that the pillow will lie on the top of her legs and she can hold it against her stomach. This procedure also works great if she wants to cough because coughing hurts like the hell with stitches in that area!

By the time I was old enough to understand what had happened to me I did go looking for him. Unfortunately, the bugger took off and hasn't been heard from since! Even the hospital where he was employed can't find him, my guess is that his patients started sueing the hospital when they couldn't find him. But unfortunately it's too late for me.
She's only drunk milk of magnesia a few times...maybe 4 doses. We're hoping it's just not kicked in. I'll tell her about the pillow now that I know what you meant.
Was there now way to use a private investigator or something to find him? It is too late though to do anything. I think the rule is a year. Too bad he may still be practicing medicine...

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HELLO EVERYONE!!!
I want to thank you for all you're prayers and support.
Grandma went back to the hospital for a check-up Tuesday and she is doing well. The docs still think they got it all and aslong as she stops being so stubborn when it comes to wanting to resume her normal activities(it's only been 2 weeks!!!)she'll recover like normal. She's still having to take pain killers. Her stomache still hurts. She's walking around like a pregnate woman. Other than that she's OK and I'm really relieved(along with the rest of the family). I'd have updated yesterday, but I wasnt home and was too tired to go online when I got home.
As before thanks for all your prayers!!!

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. I just thought I should update you!
Grandma went to get 2 more checkups since I last posted here. Both times he said her incision looks great and is healing like it should. She's not gonna be back to normal for months, but she's got to finally go back to work. Today is day 3. She's liking it, but is really exausted. She's worked at this campground since a year before I was born so atleast there she know's what to expect. Less stress that way. She has to go back for check-ups now every so ofen. She had one cancer test and it was clear. So hopefully she's gonna be fine. I'll update again if there's somthing major. As before thanks so much for the prayers and vibes.