Powdered Goats Milk?

Mamakitty&me

Autumn
Young Cat
Purraise
im running low on KMR.. when I need to buy more I was considering trying goats milk, now that BittyKitty is healthy.. for a hand-raised (no ma) kitten, is powdered goats milk acceptable?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes should be ok. May depend on brand, but at least one forumist preferred powdered goats milk. (Meyerbeer ? ) [Meyenberg]

Last edited:

Qu9ke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Goat milk is what I am currently giving my kitten and have been for a few days now. More specifically, Meyenberg whole powdered goat milk. I got mine from Amazon (the look of the goat milk canister recently changed there I just realized), but places like Walmart and I think Publix sells it as well, although I don’t know which aisle. One person on a different forum has said it can be found in the baking aisle if you are looking for the powder. I started on KMR but made the switch to see how things went. I like it because it is cheaper and the mixture lasts longer in the fridge, 5 days compared to KMR which says only 24 hours. The kitten still seems to be growing at a healthy rate. Just remember to follow mixing instructions.