Potentially deadly article on ehow?

kat013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't feed raw yet, but I thought that muscle meat had to be fed in certain proportions to organ meats and bones.  This article doesn't say anything about ratios, and has a few other dubious recommendations to boot:

http://www.ehow.com/how_8458034_keep-cats-wont-eat-hydrated.html

Wanted to run this past you all before sending an email to ehow support at [email protected] asking them to pull the article.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, they're not talking about feeding a raw diet, they're talking about additions to a commercial diet to help hydrate a cat, and advocating a canned diet. (Though it does say to offer "a small quantity"

But yes - some of the recommendations are made are ridiculous and dangerous. Cranberries? Cooked potatoes? Not much of a worse starch for cats....

As to the carrots, they apparently may benefit from the antioxidants in them, but they definitely to not benefit from the beta carotene as vitamin A - they lack the digestive enzyme necessary to convert it.

:sigh:

oakshimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had to laugh a little when I read that they suggest to feed a little kibble to keep the teeth and gums healthy... when in truth kibble actually does the opposite!

My cat hates veggies added to her meats, go figure! How often do we see a cat raiding the garden???

Last edited: