Potential Laperm or Norwegian Forest Cat?

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For the past 6 months I have thought I had a Norwegian Forest Cat mix/look alike. But now I am thinking he is actually a Laperm? I have always known he had curly fur but I really didn't think anything of it until I started researching curly haired cats online. His entire coat has tight curls. You can't really see them unless you get close.

He has very long, fine fur with tight curls, his coat is extremly soft and very springy, almost like a cotton ball.

Here is the lil guy in question:

Here are some close ups of his fur (its hard to get a good picture of the black parts of his fur but trust me he is curly all over lol.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The overall looks could be on a Norwegian look alike.  If shehe is biggish, there may even be some Ancestry.

The curled hairs are of course interesting.  It can be a spontaneous mutation, and it can be some LaPerm ancestry...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The overall looks could be on a Norwegian look alike.  If shehe is biggish, there may even be some Ancestry.

The curled hairs are of course interesting.  It can be a spontaneous mutation, and it can be some LaPerm ancestry...
Yeah he is very big for his age. 8 months old and already 13+ pounds and he isn't fat either .