Posting for GIZMOE! Newborn Kittens :D

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AW! The babies are SO cute! I have a question about one of the pics, though:

What in the world is the thing that I have a red arrow pointing to?

It looked even weirder in the bigger picture on the first page of the thread. Sorry, but it's baffling me

gizmoe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There have been a few questions about the thing on Mommy cat, here is the story: Momma was a stray that had been eating on my back porch. She had two kittens that she used to bring with her. It got really cold and the kittens were still cominng to eat but not Mommy. I finally coaxed the two kittens in (Itchy and Scratchy, Scratchy really scratched me bad when I first tried to touch her and that is how she got her name, and Itchy just went with it) Momma returned two weeks later with her tail all broken and bent, and hard like a dead twig, I did get her to come in the house to eat and warm up, but she would not stay inside. She went out and was gone for a couple of days and when she came back the dead part of her tail had fallen off. I was moving and I was able to take her and the kittens (plus the other 5 cats I had already
). I took Mommy to the vet and the vet gave me some antibiotics and bandaged up her stump where the tail was, she also told me she was pregnant. After having the litter the bandage had blood on it, I took her (and the kittens) to the vet and had the tail rebandaged and it is getting much better. She may loose another piece of it, or if it does not heal completly she will have the bad part amputated when she is spayed in about 8-9 weeks.

Melinda

nippers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bella and Mommy really look alike (even their kittens) isn't the world a small place!! Congrats!!!

Nips

awliston

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You are such a thoughful Mother to your kitties. I hope everthing works out for Mommy cat! Any new pictures of Mommy and babies?

Ann