Postcard Club

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Niina (Kitty & Casper) Thank- you so much for the postcard! I got it today. How beautiful.
mmmm I want some Belgium chocolates, hee hee.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guys, I'm so ticked right now! I mailed Pollyanna's card on Friday and it was returned to me today! It had no explaination or anything on it...but they were so nice to have scratched through most of my words with pen!

So, Pollyanna...I'm so sorry! I am mailing you a new postcard tomorrow and it will be a envelope! I did put my return addy on there so I don't know if they misunderstood where it was to go...but I put "To:" and "From:" on it!

I'm sorry once again and I promise you...You will get this card! I am determined to get it there!

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Shell, that's maddening!

I saw a t.v. thing once on delivering the mail and they were asked if they read the postcards. Response: 'the mail is going through here so fast, we don't have time to read them. then after while they're not mail anymore, just paper.'

That was totally rude! They usually at least put a reason.

G

ghostuser

Tamme, I'm glad you got the card!

Christy, thanx for the card from Cleveland
I'll send my card this weekend.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell, did the postcard get all way to Iceland, or was i returned to you somewhere on the way.

I have absalutely no problem finding a postcard here in Iceland, and there is such a huge variety available. So hopefully we go many rounds, so I can send each of you different postcards.
Or you could just come and visit Iceland, that would be nice!
Sesselja

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sesselja,
I really don't know if it made it there or not. It was stamped, but it was scratched out in pen along with most of my message! I didn't have time to write up a new one for you, but am making time for it tonight so it can go out in the mail tomorrow morning!

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell,
Years ago, when I had penfriends all over the world (before the time of computer!) I regularily resieved letters very late, with the stamt "Missent to Ireland"!
I alway thougt that was quite funny. I found it also funny, just the fact, that they had a stamt with that message!

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is funny! Too bad I can't tell what the stamped message is..I've got a funny feeling I might say that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone want a postcard???

PM me your address and I will mail you one...

PLeeeeZEEeee!

Ginger

G

ghostuser

Sesselja, I got your card today, THANK YOU so much, it's lovely! Nice blue water around there.

I'll be mailing my cards tomorrow (that is if I can find any, but the tourist office should have them).

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good that it´s there! Yep, the ocean is nice and blue that day. It takes me aabout 5 minutes to walk to the ocean. The date on the card is wrong, because I finally sent it last monday.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got two postcards today!

One from Ginger - thank you so much! The postal stamp makes your address very hard to read, could you PM it to me?

And from Shell! This card made it all the way to Iceland - thank you so much! And thank you for the letter - what a nice surprice! I like the idea about the real letters through the letterboxes! Reminds me of "old times" when I had penfriends all over the world.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like the original plan to mail postcards in order to people on the list isn't working as well as planned. Somehow, we should gather the names and addresses of everybody who wants to join in and send a list of them out to everyone.
Anyone have suggestions?

Ginger

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking of how and when the next "round" of postcards would be planned. I´m off to bed, I´ll try to think of a good idea in my sleep.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See the Penpal club thread, Shell is making a master list of addresses

Thanks Shell!

Ginger

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Niina, I jsut got your postcard! Thank you very much!!!
This thing on the picture is HUGE! The cars look like toys compared to it! Are the cars all in line, waiting, or is this traffic, in rush hour, or are these parking spaces??? There are a lot of cars there!
Kiitos!!!

G

ghostuser

As far as I remember, it's a parking area. Yes, that Atomium is HUGE, makes you feel so tiny when standing next to it.

Tamme, I got your card today, THANK YOU so much, I love it!