Postage Increase

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah878

Well that bites. Dang e-mail and the options to pay bills online!

I use one online bill payment, but I just dont much trust it much,so I still use snail mail for most of my mail. And stamps are just a little thing to make it "go".
And now 39 cents a STAMP! Aaaaaaa!

Thanks for the info though, it is greatly appreciated.
We pay almost all our bills online. I bet a lot of people do, which has probably caused the post office to take a pretty big hit in their overall revenue. Personally, I wish they'd go up in even increments so it'd be easier to figure out how much a book of stamps costs.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bikeman

I'm an office manager. Today, I sent out 275 pieces of mail, many of them as "thank you" letters for membership of our not-for-profit organization, which all need to be hand addressed, with even more actual writing on the inside letters. Ugh!

It's not that I minded going out next monday and getting 39¢ stamps, I just wanted to use of many of our 37¢ jobs, and get rid of them. And I didn't want to apply 2¢ stamps in addition next week.

Soooo...... I got ahead of the game, worked an extra ten hours today, and got the whole lot out tonight. I'm wiped.

All that to save something like 5 bucks.
Is`nt is funny how much work we can go to sometimes for next to nothing?
And speaking of the Post Office ....my poor Hubby!....I asked him to stop in the there yesterday ( Sat ) am and mail the christening outfit I`d just finished for our new great grandson. When he got home he told me that he was 32nd in line....with at least that many people behind him when he was done!...and al because of it being the last day before the raise in postage.
(Honestly....I can`t believe he actually WAITED in that line...and if he counted how many in front of him then i`m sure he was PRETTY bored!) He must be getting more patient in his older age....that or he just did`nt want to have to be bothered to "GO BAK A SECOND TIME"! (I`ll have to ask him which it was!)
Linda